“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Finland
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Checkin was fast and friendly. Hotel had missed my reservation and claimed hotel was full. Did afterall get a room without too much discussion.

Room was fairly large as well as good condition.

WIFI worked well being both stable and fairly fast.

Breakfast was ok being same level as Hampton.

Service attitude of hotel personnel was good.

All in all a ok stay and I probably would go here again if in the area. Or a Hampton as hotel is average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that everything was good with your stay, but I am sorry that we were unable to really make an impression on you. I thank you for taking the time to post about your stay and we would love the opportunity to give you a "WOW" experience in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
McFarland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hotel appears older, but inside they are remodeling all rooms. It was clean, AC worked awesome!, beds were comfy. We got a super deal for a quick trip to Chicago. Nice neighborhood and easy on/off the Interstate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello! Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We are in the process of making improvements and I appreciate your recognition of our hard work! Happy travels and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Thank You!
Portage, MIchigan, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Got three standard rooms on Hot Wire for $49. I wouldn't want to pay much more than that to stay here. Worst mattresses I've slept on in a while. Comments echoed by other family who also stayed. Breakfast was fine. Great cinammon rolls. That was their signature item, rest was standard fare for hotels of that type.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate guest feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had a poor night’s sleep on our mattresses, as we strive to make all aspects of your stay comfortable. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast, particularly the cinnamon rolls. They are a big hit among all of our guests!

Thank you for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed two nights. There was previous occupants trash under the bed skirt, the AC was very loud and rattled when it turned on and ran. The exercise room was not stocked with towels and treadmills were needing service. The breakfast service was lacking variety in options and at 7 am, already ran out of milk. There was an industrial size air freshner hooked to the AC unit which made the room smell like a truckers restroom. Pillows and beds were sub-standard.
Certainly not what I have come to expect at a HIE. Although I want to get my points, my next visit to this area will be with a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It is very important to me to always get guest feedback, whether it be good or bad. We pride ourselves on having clean rooms and I am very sad to hear that we have disappointed you in both room cleanliness and condition. I have addressed all of your concerns with the appropriate staff members and we are all working to ensure that these issues do not happen again.

I would love the opportunity to prove to you that we are much better than what you have experienced. If you contact me directly I would love to have you back to the hotel the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your feedback and happy travels to you!

Regards,
Downers Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Terrible. It is like staying in a scam hotel where the employees & their friends watch you from holes in the wall or from the boiler room access area. Be prepared to be stolen from and violated. This hotel has no privacy when it comes to being alone in your room.

Room Tip: If you look like a loving couple or interesting beware to be spyed on by holes from ceiling/everywhe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Genesis805,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Davenport, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We needed a hotel that was relatively close to Midway airport near Chicago for our Sunday morning flight. We decided on the Holiday Inn Express in Downers Grove. It was about a 20 minute drive to the airport. The hotel is located in a good area, with shopping and restaurants very close. There is a Red Lobster right next door and several other restaurants just across the street. The rooms were nice, clean and quiet, even though the hotel is on a main road. I liked the fact that the rooms had balconies, not many hotels do anymore. The lobby is large, but welcoming. It is "separated" from the front desk with a low wall, which gives it a cozy feeling. There are two computers/printers for guest to use, as well as free wi-fi in the rooms. They offer free continental breakfast and the breakfast area is large enough to accommodate guest without feeling crowded. Add friendly staff to the mixture and you have a hotel that we would stay in again if we are ever in the Chicago area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am super excited to hear that you had a good experience while staying with us. We do have a convenient location with TONS of great restaurants very nearby! We look forward to having you again in the future!

Happy Travels!
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

For the Chicago suburbs...the price was right. The room was a little dated...glad we brought our own pillows. Stayed 3 nights and gave us an opportunity to explore the area I grew up in (Downers Grove and Chicago). The room was clean and the breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express. The desk clerk was absolutely clueless about anything and could not assist in booking reservations down the road. Not priority club service. The business center computers (two) were accessible...printer was poor quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove? Share your experiences!