“Rowie Zamora Manager / Director of Sales” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Downers Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntington Beach, California
“Rowie Zamora Manager / Director of Sales”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Rowie was extremely professional,Helpful, Courteous. Her goal was to make you feel Comfortable staying in the Hotel. Very focused to the guest. I normally don't take the time to acknowledge
personell. In this case very deserving.I will go back.

Room Tip: Make sure the Winter Thermostat is set to Winter instead of summer. Roon was a little chilly.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnDG, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for such wonderful words and taking the time to review us here in Trip Advisor. My staff & I are committed to go above and beyond to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. And it is very rewarding indeed to know that we made yours a pleasant one and knowing that you will return because you are satisfied. Your comments serves as a tool for us and I would like you to know how much I appreciate it. At this point we already made sure that all temperature is set to keep guests warm. Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon on your next visit in Chicago-Downers Grove.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Aachen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is well located, close to Interstates, highways and nice stores and restaurants. The highlight is the fair price, what makes this a great deal. Besides, there are comfortable rooms, nice people in the front desk and a great manager, Rowie, who always do her best for a remarkable stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnDG, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Arthur N Thank you very much for such wonderful words on your review. We try our best to go above and beyond to all our guest to make them feel a part of this family and surely you had a great stay that makes it our reward. Remarks like yours completes our day and drives us to continue what we have been doing. Again, thank you and we hope to see you real soon in Comfort Inn Downers Grove.
Southington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed at this Comfort Inn from 11/23 to 11/26/2012 and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. This is a newer Comfort Inn, so that may be a factor, but it was quiet, neat, had a glassed open elevator that rose over the fireplaced sitting/entrance room, and was located near all the Downers Grove attractions. I would definitely stay here again. In my review by accident I clicked on restaurant and room service. After clicking on them there was no option to undo the click. I didn't use either (there is no restaurant).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ComfortInnDG, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Geoffrey F Thank you very much for taking time to give us a review here at TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that we met your expectations and you find our location and hotel worth the stay. We are currently doing some updates in the hotel and surely when you come back you will like it even more and guaranteed same great customer service delivered by my staff. Please call us directly on your next visit so we can personally thank you for this wonderful review.
Muskegon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This Downers Grove hotel is conveniently located on Butterfield Road off I-355 and I-88 and has lots of shopping and great eats nearby. The hotel seems a little older but a glass sided elevator that faces the 3 story interior lobby/lounge area. The hotel rooms have newer televisions and clean, comfortable beds. I enjoyed their breckfast area and variety of foods including waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, coffee and juices. I asked if they had park and fly since they are close to Ohare; they responded that park and fly is coming soon. Until then, you can get a limosine ride to Ohare for around $35. Try this hotel for under $70 a night, you'll be glad you did! In the summer months you can also use the inground pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnDG, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review us here in Trip Advisor. I am glad that we met your expectations and enjoyed the breakfast that we offer. Our lobby glass elevator is indeed an asset. :) Most of the guest's do love it specially the kids. Being conveniently located to I-88 and I-355 makes us an ideal place to stay. Please do stop by at our Front Desk when at the hotel so we can personally Thank you for your wonderful review about the Comfort Inn Downers Grove.
Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good service, close to Chicago expressways & an excellent value. The hotel manager, Rowie Zamora, will help you with all your needs! i have stayed at this hotel several times during the year, both on personal & business trips & have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: High floors are best. Ask for a mini-fridge & microwave in the room if available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ComfortInnDG, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Richardpost Thank you very much for taking time to review us here in Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that we always meet your expectations whenever staying at our hotel. My team is always willing to go above and beyond to make each of our guests stay enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your continous patronage.
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Whenever I arrived at the hotel I was greeted very warmly and the check-in process went smoothly. Walking to my room however I soon realized that this hotel was a bit "tired", my room however was clean and I had no complaints except that the internet was practically non existent on the 3rd floor.

However when I got ready to go to bed and pulled back the covers there was a considerable amount of dog hair on the sheets.

When I went to the front desk they were very apologetic and quickly gave me another room on the second floor. This room was clean and had no issues, plus the WiFi had a good strong signal unlike the previous room on the 3rd floor.

Upon checkout the manager greeted me and expressed her apologies, she even gave me some vouchers. Her level of customer service and her staff was superb and appreciated. But until they can do some remodeling, this is only an average older hotel, nothing special. I would probably stay somewhere else if I'm in Joliet again, but if they remodel I would most certainly consider them again.

Room Tip: WiFI is very weak on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnDG, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Traveler6295 Thank you for reviewing us here in Trip Advisor. I have addressed the issues you raised and my head housekeeper joins me in offering a sincere apology to you and is commited to ensuring that these problems will not occur again. Our 1st and 2nd Floor Rooms has the new carpets while all rooms are already with new furnitures. While we are undergoing a make over we hope to see you again in our hotel in the future. I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.
Pearl City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our group ladies thoroughly enjoyed your hotel...the reception was wonderful even though our arrival was late in the evening. The remodel was very nice and the clean,comfy rooms and breakfast allowed everyone to regenerate and start the next day refreshed and ready to visit more quilt shops!!! Thanks so much! Vicki Olsen

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much Vicki for taking time to review us here in Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that your group enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward in having you & your group in your next trip in the Chicago.
Rowie Zamora - Hotel Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Downers Grove? Share your experiences!