“Worst restaurant experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 147 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: American, Greek
Chicago, Illinois
“Worst restaurant experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I went to Omega for a late lunch. Greeted, seated, and water brought to the table by a busboy immediately. After waiting and waiting, Nichole - the waitress came over. The simple order was a caesar salad with tomatoes but no cucumbers - as customarily comes on the salad. The order was in the cooks' window very quickly, but it took Nichole a long time to bring the order out. After she dropped it off at my table and hid back in the waitress area, talking with other waitresses, I noticed my salad had no dressing. Again, I waited and waited until she came back out by the tables. When she came out, I had to get up to get her attention as she never came back to the table. To make it easy and quick, I asked her to just bring a side of dressing rather than take the salad back. Again, I waited and waited before she finally walked back to the cooks' window to get my dressing. When she brought it out, she dropped plates off at other tables before finding her way back to my table to give me the dressing. As I was starting to tell her about the salad not having tomatoes either, she dashed off to the waitress area again. Again, I had to get up to ask her to get tomatoes. Instead of getting the tomatoes, she wanted to argue with me in front of the other waitresses that I said "no tomatoes" - which I definitely did not say. She just stayed there, and I said, "Get my tomatoes so I can eat and get out of here. I'm busy." She came out of the waitress area and headed in a different direction than the cook's window. I said again, "Get my tomatoes." Believe it or not, she started scoling me again. This time, she didn't like how I was talking to her.
Finally, I sat back down, and waited and waited for tomatoes. They never came. When she was at the table next to mine, I said, "I still need the tomatoes," and she waved her arm as if to dismiss me and started saying something as she walked away. Finally, I had had enough and yelled, "Shut up!" That got the manager to come over. I told him what had happened. I asked him for the bill because all I wanted to do is get out of there. He said not to worry about it. As I walked to the front of the restaurant with him, he told me her name is Nichole - likely so I could register a complaint with knowing her name.
Needless to say, Nichole - a lunchtime waitress at Omega Restaurant in Downers Grove, Illinois, is the worst and most rude waitress I ever had anywhere.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Bread, breakfast and desserts! The Best!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Everytime we travel to the western suburbs we make sure to stop at Portillo's, Lou Malnati's and The Omega. It is oe of our absolute favorites!

Visited December 2013