“Great meal, even better appetizers!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 147 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highland Avenue
Description: Parkers' Restaurant & Bar is a chef-driven, full service, contemporary American restaurant and bar serving lunch, dinner, and private functions. The restaurant features fresh fish and seafood along with high quality meat and pasta preparations. The restaurant is housed in a transformed New England-style building on Highland Avenue at 31st, just north of I88 in Downers Grove, a western suburb of Chicago. The ambiance is casual-upscale with a mosaic tiled, open kitchen adjacent to a 150 seat dining room featuring a polished hardwood decor. The cozy, 50 seat bar and cocktail lounge area features a dramatic, wood vaulted ceiling and live piano entertainment, in the evening.
“Great meal, even better appetizers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The best way to summarize Parker's is that it is everything one would expect from a great casual fine dining experience. The food is great, served in a timely fashion and the desserts are wonderful.

Yet, the appetizers were the segment of the meal that stole the show. We had several, but the Tempura shrimp was the best we have ever had. Delicate! Perfectly prepared! Great accompanying sauces!

Go. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013

Elmhurst, Illinois
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We like to share an evening out when there is a occasion to celebrate. This night was my wife's special Birthday, the 75th, and mine will be in 11 days also 75th. We know that Parkers' is one of our favorite location. Tonight was an exception. When I made our reservation I let it out that it was Donna's birthday. Well as usual the meal was out standing. Every detail of the meal was perfect. Yet tonight was special for the usual fine service and the total management and staff were outstanding. All details were covered. If you even thought you may need something if you wait staff was not immediately available three different staff or management personal stepped in and met our every need. What team work! The service and total welcoming service may us feel SPECIAL and the experience was one to be repeated. Great Team Parker's and the food was 10 all the way around. We will see you soon.
Don and Donna of Elmhurst.

• Visited September 2013
Flower Mound, Texas
“Atmosphere ,staff, and food was FANTASTIC !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My sister, family and friends recently went to Downers Grove for a wedding, but the night we arrived we were celebrating my sister's birthday. I ask the front desk clerk at Double Tree where to get a good quality steak and he said Parker's . I trusted his advice and was NOT disappointed ! Food was incredible! The manager rushed to get our big party ( party of nine ) accommodated, and then we were attentively waited on. The appetizers were off the hook. I had the calamari, my cousin had lobster bisque. Steaks were had by all, you could cut the steak with your fork, it was that tender!

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“no so great this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went to eat here again and this time no so happy. The service was outstanding as usual. The Salmon was good and also the lamb chops....BUT the roast chicken and veggies had no flavor of any kind.....since we were celebrating I didn't want to say anything and ruin the mood of our evening but I was really not happy with my dinner at all.....not sure we would go back if they are changing too many menu items...we also ordered the bruschetta and it was "okay"...not as good as it was when we ordered it in the past here....I would not order that again.....we also ordered the fritters and they were good. We are wondering if they have changed chefs or management....something has changed with the food.....the piano playing was a nice touch and we enjoyed that very much.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ParkersRestaurant, Manager at Parkers' Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Kylie,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your last visit with us was not up to your expectations - although, we are pleased to hear that you hold us to a higher standard. It's wonderful to hear that you were pleased with the salmon, lamb and fritters.

I have alerted the Chef regarding the chicken, vegetables and bruschetta. I was disheartened to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner and we did not have an opportunity to make sure you were satisfied with the entire experience prior to your departure. We are looking at the preparation of these dishes as the recipes have not changed - so we are looking at the training of our staff to ensure the products are coming out the way they are meant to.

It is alarming to hear that your recent experience with us was so vastly different from your prior visits, as our Chef and management team have been together for many years. We hope you change your mind and come back to visit us soon. I would like to ensure your next visit with us is reminiscent of your prior experiences, so please feel free to contact me directly.

-Heather Johnson, General Manager Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“A nice surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have driven past this restaurant many times and decided to finally stop. So glad! The food was great...followed by great service! We had the crab sandwich special for lunch - spicey and good. The tuna cheddar melt was perfect....and I am picked about these! Really good. The tuna tacquitos were good but tasted more like chicken than fish. Overall, we will stop again. We enjoyed the crisp c,ean restaurant look...food was great...and it is very convenient for us!

• Visited July 2013