“Family breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 147 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café is a restaurant specializing in gourmet breakfast and lunch creations served from 6:30 am to 2:00 pm daily, in a warm, charming, country setting with fast, friendly and efficient service.
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Family breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a very nice family breakfast. The wait was easy with the complimentary coffee and other DG window shopping spots nearby. Nice variety for the whole family...giant pancakes for my son, tasty Skillets for me and my wife, and cheese grits for my daughter. On a Sunday morning, it can get a little loud and you may feel the pressure to eat and get out.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mike and Aimee F, General Manager at Egg Harbor Cafe, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Sean, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We value your feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your visit! See you soon. Take care.
-Angelique Chillman

Lisle, New York, USA
“Favorite Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm an omelette kind of guy and my wife more of a crepe person, but we both can found something we like. The menu is big and varied, The portions are not gigantic but we often bring something home. Coffee is great,service staff are warm and friendly, and I never had a bad meal.

Visited October 2013
Bob, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We value your feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your visit! See you soon. Take care.
-Angelique Chillman
Chicago, Illinois
“Always a good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and 2 kids (9 & 12) have eaten here multiple times. It is one of the few restaurants we can always agree upon and where everyone can find something on the menu that meets their needs. I like that there are multiple healthy options. My family are more traditional breakfast restaurant eaters. We always get good service and feel like it is a nice family outing when we go here. We live in the area and have rode our bikes there and it is nice to walk around the downtown Downers Grove area. It is always a good choice for our family.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We value your feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your visit! See you soon. Take care. -Angelique Chillman
Moline, Illinois
“Totally worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My 4-year-old and I went there around 10:30 am on a Saturday and there was a 20 minutes wait. My son was hungry but the waiting outside on a sunny summer day was not that bad. Finally we went in and we ordered something typical you would order for breakfast. The food was large in portion and both my son and I had a great time. Waitress was nice, too. The environment was fabulous. I like how clean the restaurant was. We sat by the window so we could see the beautiful view there. Definitely recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McKinney, Texas
“This place is always busy. And for good reason! It's great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you're anywhere near Downers Grove, you've heard of Egg Harbor. As you'll see on their logo, they've been an institution since 1985.
Most popular for their breakfast offerings, they're open into the afternoon for brunch and lunch too.
You would expect the service to suffer, given the volume of patrons served - especially on the weekends. But it doesn't.
Pancakes, omelettes and skillets never disappoint.
Be sure to bring your appetite though! Portion sizes are not small!
The bottom line is that the food is good, as is the value for your money. And you're in and out as quickly as you want to be.
Definitely recommended!