“Scallops Risotto” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Main Street
Plainfield, Illinois
“Scallops Risotto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Took our family last evening to this wonderful restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised with the food specials available this evening. Our party ordered both of the specials - the Scallop Risotto & the Steak Rollotini. Both dishes are outstanding!

Please leave room for dessert - our party had the Lemoncello (my wife's favorite) & the Cannoli Chip & Dip. Very tasty!

Everyone in our party had a great time & were provided with excellent service from their staff.

We will be back!

You've got to try this place - the best & most creative Italian food in this area.

• Visited December 2012

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to this restaurant 3 times. The first time was because of its close location near the train station, the next two times because of their delicious food and good service. Their vegetarian pizza is very good and their stuffed mushroom is AMAZING, other things we tried (pasta) were also good. I would definitely eat there again if I went to the area in the future.

downers
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had lunch at Scarletti's Italian Kitchen, with my family. My father was from Bari, I grew up on Italian food. They say " NO PLACE LIKE HOME " I say No place like Scarletti's when it comes to Italian food!! It is Excellent!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stopped in Downtown Downers Grove last night looking for a quick bite to eat. Found this nice little Italien place that had been open only a few months. We split the special for that evening which was Shitake Linguine with shrimp, aparagus and cherry tomatoes. The kitchen plated the meal in advance so we wouldn't have to make the split and get linguine all over the place. It was lightly sauced in olive oil and butter and could not have been a nicer surprise. The Caesar Salad was crisp and made with fresh parmesan. Beautiful to look at and eat. My wife also enjoyed the house wine. In addition, our waiter was courteous, pleasant and knowledgable about the menu. All of this for a fair price. We will be returning soon as we had no idea this place existed before last night.

Naperville, Illinois
“Great food but atmosphere a bit lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Scarletti's before a movie at the Tiviloi. It was a beautiful night and we decided to eat outside. Unfortunately the noise from traffic and the trains spoiled what would have been a great meal (We knew that we were heading into an iffy situation but decided to anyway). My wife had the rotolo (pasta wrapped into a roll around vegtables) with a snappy red pepper sauce. We both started with salads that were very good (caesar and italian). I had the whitefish with roasted potatoes in a garlic butter sauce. The whitefish was cooked perfectly but there was too much of the sauce....it tended to make the roasted potatoes soft. A little less sauce would be better. All in all it was a good meal but a bit pricey. The bad was the noise but we did bring that on ourselves. We enjoyed the meal.

• Visited September 2012