“Never disappointing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Butterfield
Description: Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil… Featuring 14 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!
Dexter, Michigan
“Never disappointing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is the third time I have eaten here and each time it is a great dining experience. The service is comparable to no other restaurant and is a team effort - not just one server for you. I can't pass up the bread, but the meat is absolutely delicious. I would return again and again and recommend to anyone.

• Visited June 2013

Wisconsin
“Service as good as the food - both excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I went on a friend's recommendation. We couldn't have been happier. My only complaint is that the salad bar is too good. People warned us not to fill up on the salad bar and to leave room for the all you can eat carnivore treat that awaits you.

Every roast delectable that came to the table was present promptly and efficiently. Every morsel I tasted was of high quality and tasted wonderfully. I'd specifically recommend both the beef ribs and the leg of lamb which was spiced heavenly.

The drinks were refreshing and the service attentive and polite. My wife accidentally dropped her key inside and one of the staff came rushing out to catch us before we took off. We are in his debt. Thank you!

One request: I loved the salad bar, any chance we could come and just visit the salad bar???

Sarasota, Florida
“It is worth the visit just for salad bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

What a wonderful experience at the Brazilian-themed restaurant. The extensive all-you-can-eat salad bar alone is worth the visit. There are so many selections that you are almost tempted to pass up the real reason for coming to this Brazilian Gaucho restaurant that is also famous for its all-you-can-eat meats that just keep coming to your table until you say "uncle" by turning over your card to tell the servers that you are done. The meats range from filet mignon, ribeye, bottom sirloin, leg of lamb, pork ribs, chicken...all prepared and served in a wonderful Gaucho style. You will regret coming to Chama Gaucha and I guarantee, you will be back.

Woodridge, Illinois
“Brazilla Time - The Charm of Gaucho!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family & friends went out for a Brazilian treat.We had 9 people in our group. The place was easy to find right off the expressway. We went on the Mothers Day weekend and it was very crowded. I'm glad we made reservations because it would have been a long wait.

Atmosphere:
Country Rancho Grandioso style with an old world spanish feel typical of Brazil.

Meat skewers brought around to your table when your card was flipped over to the green side. The Salad Bar that had most everything you could think of to eat.

The Hostes was very accomdating and bought out chees puffs while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive. The wait & service staff seemed to in rush mode but they were accomodating and the experience was good. It might be better at a different time and not a holiday.

Bottom line: This is a good place to eat and the service if OK. We will go back again on a non-holiday to see what they do. We were certainly full when we left. No Take home food in this place. Overall I would recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Naperville, Illinois, Usa
“Fun time for all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Can't say enough about this place. We went with some friends and had a great time time. It was 5 adults and four teenagers. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The food, the service, the drinks were all excellent. Talking about being pampered, the staff knows how to keep you happy. kept bringing out the food and the drinks, what more can you ask for. If you are a meeat lover this is for you, though they do have a great salad bar, well that's what my wife tells me. So if you are looking for a place to eat and drink and be merry this is for. Just remember it is a little pricey.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere