“Great value, clean, sad breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Windsor, Canada
“Great value, clean, sad breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Rooms look almost identical to online pictures. Entire room was very tidy. Reserving online was easy, check-in was easy. Close to my workshop and restaurants and shopping but no to few sidewalks so I had to cross the roads carefully. Free shuttle to airport was useful for catching L Train downtown. Staff didn't have any tourist info which I found strange. Breakfast was a bit pathetic. Rooms have fridges and toasters so seeing some useful items (or healthy options) would have been nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Victoria - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very Rude! They do not care about customer service!
This is a very low class hotel due to customer service. I called the hotel and a male fronts desk personnel hanged up the phone on me when I was asking information regarding the full address of the hotel after I've been waiting for almost 10 minutes in the phone. I called again! Another 10 mins waiting! The answer service personnel (Nichole) was also rude. She raised her voice and told me to call later! I requested to speak to the supervisor and she denied to transfer me to the supervisor! I was asking a very simple question regarding the full address of the hotel and instead I received a rude behavior from this hotel. I travel a lot! and I never received this kind of bad experience regarding a hotel's customer service.
I let them know that I will post a review regarding the way that customer service of Extended Stay Hotel - O'hare treats their guests.
if you want a better hotel service in every aspect then it is better to stay away from this hotel. You pay for a good service must not for a bad one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Vivian - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff. Please know, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, cho@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the near future!
Bellwood, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room was very nice, comfortable sitting area with small kitchen. The bed had a large amount of hair in it and the bathroom had not been cleaned at all. I had to do it myself which was disturbing since all I had was dishwashing liquid. Depish, the front desk agent was wonderful. I suggest checking your room before unpacking.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, it upsets me to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet our normal standards. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect future guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to providing you with a better experience in the future.
Shullsburg, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here overnight before leaving for an 8 day vacation. No additional parking fees if you reserve a room and the shuttle is free. Room was clean and in nice condition. Quiet as well. This location is close to the airport-only 10 minutes, but we did not hear any planes at all. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful in answering our questions. On our return to the airport we had arranged a shuttle ahead of time back to the hotel to pick up our car and it was about 40 min. late. But calls to the front desk staff were handled professional and they assured us it was on the way. They were just running behind schedule that day. For the price and value, I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and overall accommodations including our amenities such as our free airport shuttle. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

rm. 104 should be bricked up/walled in and never spoken of again. there was what looked to be dried seaman on the table & chair legs, the carpet the dresser/ t.v. stand and the chairs (which the night desk person scratched off of the table leg w/ her bare hands) there was a hole in the ceiling of the bathroom that look as if a 2 yr. old had attempted to patch it. This room smelled horrible, you could see where the light on the wall's cord had been spliced not once but at least twice, the microwave as well as the refrigerator were filthy and the beds (bed # 1) the sheets & bed spreads were stained, there was hair in the bed and a dirty shoe print all on the sheet sand on the wall next to this be there was a smeared set of lip stick prints on the wall close to the floor level with the bed... (bed # 2) there was hair all over the sheets, on the pillows, under the pillows and the pillow cases were dirty. upon informing the night desk person of this, she came to the room, left, returned with sheets (no bed spread) proceed to change the sheets (not the bed spread) as she did this I explained that we could not stay in this rm. she stated "it is not my job to change "u" rooms. I check "u" in and do laundry" "I no even supposed to change the beds but I do this for "u"" "the manager comes in the am and I will tell him the over night staff use the rooms and leave them like this, this makes more work for me" I requested a call the moment that he arrived on the property (which I did not get).My aunt and I attempted to sleep inside of the car but it was too cold outside so we sat up all morning (she on the dresser that she wiped down and I on the ottoman that I covered with a sheet) And then came BENJAMIN, the assistant manager. He went above and beyond to make and get things as right as he could, he personally took on the rest of my stay and I left pleased...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Free shuttle, laundry facility, free internet, home like rooms with an easy chair and stove, refrigerator including pots and pans. Staff was nice. I was only there 4 days and they only
clean your room once per week, but upon request, they will clean and make up your bed or
bring fresh towels. I would of given this rating a 5, but the bed had something wrong with the
springs. Think they need to change it out.
This hotel has a very friendly & accomadating staff and that is what made a difference!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Afton, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were very impressed with this Extended Stay. We need a kitchen due to my husbands eating difficulties. We've stayed in other Extended Stays and I was ready for cigarette burns in the bedding and on the countertops, and smokey hallways. Not so here. This hotel is clean, updated and the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. It is convenient to the expressway and O'hare with a free shuttle to the airport. The rooms are very quiet too. We were not bothered with traffic noise and never once heard anything through the walls. Especially since we had little children staying right next door. It's a very good value and we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North? Share your experiences!