“Great value and service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
New York, NY
“Great value and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed there for a weekend business trip. It was awesome that they had shuttle service to/from the airport since it was brutally cold that weekend. The room was clean and well finished, Only one sticking point was the ring of dirt around the bathtub. But that was adressed within an hour or so after I told the front desk. Having a fridge and microwave was an extra perk, since there is a Target shopping center nearby, I had done a bit of grocery shopping. Overall I would not hesitate to stay there again If I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies regarding the ring around the bathtub. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to address the issue in a short amount of time. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the shuttle service and all the amenities that are provided in the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

walls are thin so sometimes you can hear neighbours
also when someone cooks the smells spreads all over the floor
i stayed there almost 3 weeks and in 3rd week my back hurt a lot. they could get a better mattresses...
but generally speaking good hotel for this price. good commute, rooms are clean, shopping mall within walking distance and helpful reception.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the thin walls, the cooking smells and the uncomfortable mattress. We are sorry for these issues, but are happy to read that we provided you with a good price, clean room and helpful staff.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We came from Auburn Hiils Michigan.We stayed in Extended Stay for 2 nights while visiting Chicago.Its wonderful hotel.Parking is Free.There is kitchen with all aenities.Beds are very good.Room is big and batrom is also very good.Myself and My wife enjoyed a lot.Hotel stuffs are also great.I bid this hotel through Priceline and got very good deal.I am very happy.All major shops are near by.I will surely come back again

Room Tip: Rooms are in Top floors are very good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Sutanu - The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. It's great to hear that you and your wife truly enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The room was clean, kitchen has all the amenities you need. The front desk staffs were very nice and cooperative. I have highly impresed with the ambiance and hotel staff. With such a low price, the hotel is pretty nice.

Thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Lalatendu - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the ambiance of our hotel and the entire staff. We are very happy that we were able to provide you with a clean room at a great rate.

Antigua, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here (for the 2nd time) via priceline. The room was clean, comfortable, and the kitchen is a nice amenity. The room was missing a hair dryer and the staff brought one as soon as we phoned down. The breakfast was quite basic but they did have some fruit and for the price we can't complain. Priceline does not let you specify non-smoking and we got a smoking room but even then the room did not smell too smokey. The only negative is that the priceline description did not mention no late-night sirport shuttle so that was an unwelcome surprise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greg - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and the grab-and-go breakfast. I am sorry that we do not provide hairdryers in our guest rooms; however, I am glad the staff was able to offer you one that we keep behind the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request.

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I got to this hotel lobby confusing it to the other delux property . (a mile distance) The front desk person Benjamin is a awesone person. When he realized that I needed to go to the next property , he pulled my heap of luggages (8-9 big suitcases and bags) through the snow to the other property . I had my wife and 3 years old with me , would have been clueless what to do.

I thanks him for that . Hope the management take notice of this and reward him for his exceptional service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Soumitra - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so thrilled to know that Benjamin assisted you with your luggage. We hope you, your wife and 3-year old enjoyed your stay at our sister property just down the road!

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area
Kingston, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Booked this one-night hotel stay through Expedia (never again) when needing a place to sleep following a late-night flight arrival and before I picked up a rental car the next day. Although I was assured that the hotel's shuttle service ran 24-hours-a-day when I made my reservation, I learned upon landing at midnight that the shuttle stopped then. The hotel staff offered me no alternatives and was completely unconcerned about my predicament. After spending nearly an hour on the phone with Expedia in an effort to find an alternate place to stay WITH transportation and finding none, I was forced to pay $20 for cab ride to this hotel. On my arrival, there were no apologies or explanations. While I don't expect the hotel to bear the entire responsibility for (what appears to be) a combined screw-up, I do expect an effort to make it right. There was none.

The hotel itself was reasonably clean, quite institutional (standard for these types of places) and otherwise comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Michele - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the shuttle schedule is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I am going to ensure that the shuttle hours are communicated appropriately so that this does not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at cho@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - North? Share your experiences!