“Nice hotel, great location and good customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Boston, MA
“Nice hotel, great location and good customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last month and found this hotel to be at great location that provided comfortable stay. Timeliness of hotel shuttle service to and from O'Hare depends on traffic situation around O'Hare and shuttle can be delayed because of this reason, I found this out first hand.
Right across from hotel on Touhy Avenue there are several restaurants / fast food places such as Chilis, Panda Express, Subway, IHOP, Chipotle and Culver's. Target is also located in the same shopping plaza as all these restaurants.
Hotel has a few safe deposit boxes for customers' use and one day none of the boxes were available but Manager Mr. Scott Lossau was very helpful. He emptied the safe that he was using and I was able to place my belongings.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for stay closer to O'Hare airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your hotel experience on Tripadvisor!

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located with easy access to almost everything that a traveler needs.

Thank you for the kind compliment for Mr. Scott Lossau. I shall convey your feedback to him and truly he is a model for customer service.

We are hopeful to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Kai Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
san jose, costa rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed there several times now and always enjoyed the stay. The staff is friendly and accommodations are standard. It's a "no frills" type of place but the rooms are clean with enough space to get some work done and comfortable beds. Having a few food options very close is a plus too.

• Stayed April 2014
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write on TripAdvisor!

We are very happy you have enjoyed your stays with us and would like to thank you for the kind compliments. Your comments will be shared with our associates for continued service improvement.

We are looking forward to serving you again whenever you are in the area.

Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We booked this hotel as we had a early morning flight out of Chicago and needed to park our car for a week.
Pros:
-Clean and reasonable hotel room
-Adjacent Longhorn steakhouse
-Convenient shuttle service
-Responsive leadership (we responded to an online survey about our experience and heard back from the general manager about our concerns)
-Priced appropriately
Cons:
-We are not "sleep number bed" type of folks and never could adjust them to our satisfaction. We did get non sleep number beds on our return stay although they were handicapped rooms.
-Walls seemed a bit thin and we could hear our neighbors conversation clearly
-Messed up reservations on our return stay although everything was straightened out by a very helpful front desk person the following day.
-$1.50 pay coffee machine in a hallway-really? I know it's Starbucks but most hotels offer at this level offer complimentary coffee in the lobby.

Overall- we would stay here again if I have to park and fly from Chicago.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring your email reservation confirmation with you when you check in.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind compliments and shall share them with our associates.

Your feedback on the Starbucks Coffee and SleepNumberBed have been shared with our associates. Hotel offers limited number of rooms with normal pillow-top mattress.

Starbucks coffee was introduced as a result of frequent guest requests. Hotel charges a minimum fee to cover cost of delivery, cleaning and raw material. Hotel guest can enjoy complimentary in-room coffee and tea. Starbucks dispenses an 11-ounce cup of coffee while the in-room offers a smaller 8-oz cup.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and will try to deliver better service on your next stay.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Adequate hotel. Clean, modern room. Very fast midnight check-in using airline voucher. A pleasant sleep after a flight delay and missed connection. Free shuttle bus back and forth from airport. 25 or 30 passengers in shuttle bus both trips, so this seems to be a busy hotel. Free internet, but slow. I didn't bother with the breakfast after hearing the desk clerk he could pay using his airline meal voucher there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind compliments on the speedy and efficient check-in process and shuttle punctuality. Also we have taken note of your feedback on the internet accessibility and our engineering team will look into it.

It would be greatly appreciated if you can email to me the room number so we can trouble-shoot.

It is our hope to serve you again whenever you are in the area for leisure or business and not as a distressed guest.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Decided to go with this hotel after reading tripadvisor reviews which is my go to site, and this is the first time that I have been disappointed with my choice based on the reviews from the site. Just needed a quick few hour stay while getting to airport area and leaving early the next morning. I found the front desk staff very unorganized and not friendly at all at check in. They thought I had booked 4 rooms and had trouble figuring out that I only booked one, no apology or explanation of the hotel layout. I have stayed at a Best Western near here and will again when I need a room before a flight. Also the room had a musty odor upon entering. The beds were not very good, even with the select a firmness function. The bathroom was very updated and clean, but the rest of the room was old and really not that clean. Did not use spa or breakfast buffet. I did not feel that the room was worth the price that I paid. I always try to give honest reviews and I am not that hard to please

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, I think the walls are paper thin as we heard a lot of talking in rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. Based on your comment, we would like the opportunity to research on the duplicate bookings.

We will also investigate on the musty odor, beds and cleanliness in the room.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you in person to get more detailed information for our investigation. Please call or email me at your convenience.

It is our hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback.

Wood Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was an overnight stay for a 4 hour business meeting the following day. The front desk was awesome at check-in and checkout, Bed SUCKED, pillow sucked. The Bed is one of the Sleep Number and I can never get it right, I especially don't like inflating or deflating while I'm on the bed. Pillows just need to be replaced. Other than that rooms was clean. I just needed a good night sleep. I will say this in their defense when I'm away from home it's tuff being comfy unless I'm on vacation! :)

Room Tip: I was on the main floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dave,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We apologize that your did not enjoy the Sleep Number beds and pillows in our rooms. The hotel also offers a few rooms that provide pillow-top mattresses. It is our hope to provide you with a room with mattress on your next visit.

We also would like to thank you for the kind compliments on the service you received and there will be shared with all associates.

It is our hope to serve you again whenever you are in the area.

Thank you.

Watertown, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I can't comment on the spa or breakfast because I did not experience either, but this is about the 6th time I've stayed at this hotel, and I am pleased every time I do. I drive a motorcoach--the parking is ample and easily accessible. The staff is competent and congenial. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. No airport noise that I've ever heard. Hope to see you again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to thank you for the kind compliments on the services and amenities you received during your 6th stay with us. Your feedback will be shared with all associates.

It is our hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you.

Kai Chow

Been to Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!