“Great Airport Accomodation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Wellington
“Great Airport Accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times before, but generally always when in transit from O'Hare.
I would not necessarily say the reception staff are overly welcoming, however, I was having some problems positioning my bags right to be able to wheel them to my room, and one of the staff quickly offered to help - I did decline as once the bags are positioned right, its easy to pull them, but I truly appreciated the offer.
There are actually 2 lift wells in the hotel, they tell you about the one by reception, but if in the back of the hotel, the ones at the end of the corridor make better sense, especially with bags, as you do not have to negotiate as many corners.
I love Longhorn Steakhouse next to the hotel, and it is so convenient to pop in there. There is also a IHOP across the road, and a number of other food places, and Target.
The rooms are spacious, and bed is comfortable. Its a nice quiet hotel, and a good clean environment, which is important.
The shuttle service is easy to use, and goes every 30 minutes. They come into reception to announce themselves in case anyone is sitting waiting for them.
I used this service to go to O'Hare and connect with the Blue Line train into the city. The shuttle driver made it easy and dropped the passengers off at the door of the entrance to the train station. On arriving back at the airport it was easy to hop on the shuttle and get dropped back at the hotel.
Overall this is a great airport location, I choose it as its near Target, and a number of eateries, and so easy to get between the airport and the hotel Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for the kind feedback. We will improve in welcoming our guests at the Front Desk. It is extremely important for us to provide a "great" welcome and service.

Your kind comment on the hotel facilities and surrounding conveniences is greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to serving you again whenever you are in the area.

Kai Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were in Chicago for two days and picked the Raddison O'Hare as it was near the airport and near major highways.

Beds were comfortable - dial your comfort and place was clean.

The staff of the hotel was terrific and the general manager was most cordial and a perfect host. The employees spoke highly about him.

There is a steak house next to the hotel which was very good for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and also for the kind compliments on our associates and hotel. I will share your compliments and feedback with them. Your kind compliments will motivate our associates to better serve you and other guests.

We are looking forward to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Bloomfield Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I got stuck at O'hare overnight and American put me up at the Radisson. The shuttle showed up exactly when the hotel said it would. The room was fine, staff was friendly. Breakfast could have been better.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your overnight hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and found our services and facilities satisfactory. Also we would like to thank you for the kind feedback and compliments on our associates and hotel. Your comments will be shared for continued service improvement.

We hope to serve you again under a different circumstance.

Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed on 2 occasions this summer ,firstly overnighting after flying in from London UK, before a short flight to Traverse City the next day. This worked well with a short shuttle and a good quiet room at the back . As a club Carlson member I can say this ticked the boxes of a relaxing stay and breakfast the next morning before the 10 min shuttle back to O`Hare.
We then had 3 nights between flights which we used to take the CTA into Chicago via the shuttle which was easy and simple and gave us time in the city and a simple 45min transfer. The Hotel is an older build but clean .unpretensious ,the rooms are comfortable and spacious for short stays, most overnight, and the staff helpful and friendly. The US guests also use this as a park and stay hotel for the airport. The presence of Target, restaurants like Chilli`s and the Longhorn steakhouse nearby are an advantage to the Radisson. Hard to fault and would recommend for O`Hare and as easy to get into Chicago from here as anywhere. Also new shopping complex fashion mall nearby. Would recommend this hotel and will use again next time need to go through O`Hare. Also free Wi-Fi in rooms plus Business centre for flight reservations

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at the back would not want to be near the reception on main corridor, as an airport ho...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your recent 2 stays with us and found hotel convenient and met with your expectations. Our associates strive on providing a safe, clean, functional and comfortable hotel experience for our guests. We appreciate the kind feedback on the hotel and thank you!

It is our hope to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

As soon as we got off the plane, we headed to the visitor information kiosk to book a hotel, and we chose Radisson. We then went to the arrival’s gate to await the shuttle that would take us to the hotel.

The shuttle was late; we called the helpdesk to make sure that we were waiting in the right designated area and they told us it would be there in 10 minutes. We waited an additional 45 minutes or so until the shuttle finally arrived.

When we got to the hotel, the rooms were not ready. According to the receptionists, we didn’t put in a request for an early check-in. Once again we had to wait 30 minutes for one room to be ready and additional 30 minutes or so for the other.

The only good thing about the hotel was its location. Target, Office Depot, and many restaurants were right across the street from the hotel--very convenient!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our shuttle service getting to the hotel. There is a shuttle schedule departing from the Bus Shuttle Center every half-hour. Depending on traffic condition in the airport vicinity, our shuttle service can be slightly delayed. But waiting for 45 minutes is abnormal and we hope you accept our apology.

The hotel check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. For guests convenience, we would oblige with early check-in depending on room availability. It seems like we did not have rooms available during the time of your check-in. Any advance request for early check-in would be appreciated but will be dependent upon availability.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

As soon as I walked into the hotel there were three people behind the counter that were probly no older than 21. As I walked up to the counter not one person asked of if they could help me, didnt state welcome to the hotel, no how are you doing today...NOTHING. I did wait then I had to say I was checking in. The gentelman asked for my credit card and ID. Still not saying anything to me, he started processing everything for my room. Next thing he hands me a card and says this is your room number. THATS ALL. I then noticed that his name tag stated Manager Trainee. I asked Sam if he were training for a manager and his response was Yeah? So then I said he needs to work on his customer service skills because he barley spke to me, didnt tell me `where or which way my room was and didnt offer to help me to it. Well Luckly and older gentelman that works there seen that I was no happy, he walked up asked of I needed help, (which he did carry my luggage to my room) asked me how my day was and stated he hopes that I have a great saty. The room was nice an clean and spacious. So I decide to get ready for my evening hop into the shower and the next thing I notice is the water was not drainging , so I had to rush to get out because it was building. The sink was also the same way. The next morning when I went to take a shower the water was still in the tub. I called up front was placed on hold ( wasnt asked, was TOLD to hold) 5 min. passed, I hang up call back and get another young person. At this point I asked for the GM and of course he doesnt work on Saturdays and all they can do is give me a VM. I did receive a call. All the GM did was say sorry and he is going to check into it and wil lcall me back Well I'm writing this because it been a 1 1/2 since then and have yet to receive a call back. I will never stay here again. 1st and last time ever.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We sincerely apologize for our shortcomings especially on hotel service. The lack of guest service you received at the hotel is unacceptable. More guest service training is required for our associates at the Front Desk.

It took us longer to investigate and respond back to you and for that we offer no excuses but another apology.

We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback and patience.

It would mean a lot to us if you can give us another opportunity to serve you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our flight was very early in the morning. A family member drove us the night before our flight to save the very early morning travel time for their convenience as well as ours. The room was spacious and clean. There was an outdoor balcony where smoking was allowed as long as the sliding door was closed. My friend who smokes thought this was awesome! In the morning we had breakfast that was provided, and it was all very fresh and hot. The staff was very helpful and pleasant, especially Jessica and Ray. After breakfast we took their free shuttle service to the airport. Overall, this hotel was excellent and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Shirley,

Thank you for taking time to write about your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and hotel facilities met with your expectations. Your kind compliments will be shared with all associates and especially with Ray and Jessica.

We are looking forward to serving you again.

Kai Chow

Been to Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!