“all the conveniences” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Lake Barrington
“all the conveniences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

When business brings me to the O'Hare area, I stay at this hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable -- the sleep number beds are great. The staff seems to remember me and
is friendly and service oriented. I like being able to walk to restaurants and big box stores in the area. I'm not a fan of hotel breakfast scrambled eggs -- and their eggs are no exception -- but
there's enough variety so my day begins on a happy note!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Trudy W,

Thank you for taking time to write and share your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to thank you for the kind compliments and are very to learn you have enjoyed your stay as always!

Your feedback will be shared with all associates for continued service improvement.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Kai Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chicago, illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I am not expecting g great thi gs from an airport hotel. I am expecting, clean, close, safe. The park sleep and fly is a great option.

What I did not anticipate was just how rude a front desk clerk could be. The lobby was loud and that combined with her seemingly limited standard English made for an unpleasant experience.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write and share your experience on TripAdvisor!

We apologize that you did not have a good experience with one of our Front Desk associates and the lobby was loud. We will interview our associate and find out more on what happened.

In the meantime, I would be greatly appreciated if you can call me and provide us with more detailed information for our investigation.

We hope the service you received during your recent stay did not mar the overall good impression on the hotel.

We also hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently stayed here on a Sunday evening. My room was held for late arrival with no difficulty. It was immaculate, and even though two doors down from the elevator and very near the airport, blissfully quiet....Shuttle to the airport in the morning was quick and painless. I would stay here again if the price was right....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay even. We also appreciate and would like to thank you for the kind compliments on the amenities and services you received during your stay. They will be shared with all associates.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to serving you in the near future.

New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was recently stranded in Chicago because of my flight being canceled. I really had no other choice but to stay at this hotel, however when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. First, let's set the expectations, this is an airport Radisson so it's not going to compare to a hotel downtown or something. Even so I still enjoyed my stay very much. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, letting me checkout at 6pm! My room was spacious and clean, no noise problems and the breakfast was great (try the eggs).
While I hope never to be stranded in the Chicago area again, if I happen to be I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Jim B,

Thank you for taking time to share your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We would like to thank you for the kind compliments and are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay. Your comments will be shared with all associates.

We will continue to improve and deliver a positive and enriching hotel experience for all guests.

Thank you and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Cherry Valley IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed recently with my wife as part of Parksleepfly package. We paid a reasonable rate with parking up to 14 days with transfers to O'hare on the Radisson's shuttle. The hotel appears to be another hotel that was they tried to upgrade to a Radisson. The ceilings are low and the rooms are not very large. The bathroom was tiny. The door cleared the toilet by a couple inches. The condition of the hotel was OK. If we weren't staying for only one night I would not have been happy but for the park and fly it was fine. The TV was nice but our sleep number bed did not work. We didn't complain as we didn't want to bother to switch rooms. Overall it wasn't terrible but wasn't good by any means. I would have much preferred to stay at the Hyatt but they were sold out.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your hotel experience on TripAdvisor!

We apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations during your recent stay.

Your kind feedback is noted for future property improvement program.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here two times in April for business. The shuttle runs every half hour from the the hotel like clockwork. Upon arrival at the airport if you call they will let you know when to expect the shuttle. Early check in was never a problem. The front desk is very professional. All the rooms have balcany's which is nice. Rooms are very clean and have nice ammeneties (microwave, fridge, coffee,ect..). Website photos represent the hotel nicely. The hotel restaurant has good breakfast and I don't think it is open for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is nice and has a friendly staff. The atmosphere is good. There is a steakhouse (Longhorn) attached to it and other restaurants in walking distance. Target is across the street as well as other shopping in the strip mall. I would recommend this place for a nice hotel stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write and share your experience on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate the kind compliments and are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. Your feedback will be shared with all associates for continued improvement.

Thank you and looking forward to serving your again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Pro: Room is clean and comfortable. Computer at the business center was very usable. Steak restaurant right by. Target and IHOP steps away so breakfast not a problem.
Con: Friendliness of front desk could be improved. By no means rude - but they are just doing their job nothing more. Can be loud sometimes because of planes.
I forgot to bring toothbrush and asked for one. They let me to come down to front desk (which is a long walk if your room is at the other end of the hotel as in my case) to pick it up. I did the same thing at another hotel in O'Hare area before and they delivered it to my room. That was a 4-star though, to be fair

Room Tip: Get small numbered rooms. Otherwise a long walk to get to the lobby.