“Slowly but surely, making noticeable improvements.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn O'Hare

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn O'Hare to your Saves list
Comfort Inn O'Hare
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2175 E. Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
“Slowly but surely, making noticeable improvements.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I stay here rather regularly and have posted decidedly critical reviews in the past....but my most recent stay noted some improvements.
The parking lot in the back has been WAY upgraded and they finally stopped ripping you off for a $10 parking fee....what were they thinking???
The wall paper in some areas around the elevators shows some peeling....probably due to the lack of dehumidification. The lobby has/is being remodeled....way over due, but shows improvement. The night-guy messed up some reservations for me forcing me to stay in Palatine one night....but I've learned to check my reservations personally and not trust the electronic reservation method. He told me to call back in the morning because he couldn't access the computer right now...for whatever reason, but assured me there were lots of room available. There weren't and I was sent packing.
The young women at check-in continue to be the best part of this stay...very courteous and helpful...VERY!! The hotel owns the Tiffany's Restaurant next door but there is no "room-service". That would be nice...just hire someone to walk the food over...it's only 30 yards away and charge it to my room!
I have several more trips to the area this year and will stay here to note their improvements.
This place used to be failing...but it looks like it's SLOWLY turning around.

• Stayed July 2014
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let Tripadvisor know about your experience at our hotel. Allow me to apologize for the rreservation mix up. Be assured this issue has been raised with our Management Team and appropriate action has been taken. We do our best to excel in service at our hotel and prevent problems from recurring. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.
Also, we are delighted to know that you are pleased with our lobby remodel. We love it and hoped you would also.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it we look forward to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Des Plaines.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
RedDeer
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

this is an old motel with a bad face life, the air had been running in our room who knows how long?? but everything was wet. even the carpet. The bed was wet, the bathroom must have had a tub originally . they pulled it out put tile down and now its a shower, with tub taps and spout??

Room Tip: sorry I don't think there is a tip
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to address your issues with our property with Tripadvisor. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our hotel. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.
I have shared your feedback with our General Manager and Maintenance Engineer to ensure we take care of the issues you commented on.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Room was everything expected, I stay at Choice hotels 30 plus days a year. Good value for the price most times. My only complaint was the shuttle driver refused to drop me off at the Rosemont Blue line station and she was driving past it! Instead I had to deal with the crowds at O'Hare Field. I would stay again but hopefully they will revisit this policy.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding stopping the shuttle at the Rosemont Blue Line station. Please be assured this issue has been raised woth our Management Team. Your willingness to share your opinion with us is genuinely appreciated. Your comments help us improve.
I'd like to thank you also for your kind comments for our hotel and staff. I have shared your comments with our staff.
We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The shuttle comes every 30 minutes (you need to call), which is terrible if you manage to just miss it. Check-in was easy and the room was clean. The internet was adequate, although unsecured (no passwords needed). I'm not sure there was a business center here. The bathroom could probably use an upgrade with no shelves in the shower on which to put items. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The sound proofing wasn't that good as airplanes could be heard. The breakfast was quite nice by my standards for this kind of hotel and included mass-produced scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fruits, and waffles. The restaurant across the parking lot was pretty simple, but OK for a meal. Overall, if you're staying near the airport for a brief time, this isn't a bad place for the price. It met my expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Onbehalf of our hotel and staff, I'm writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for our hotel and staff. Very nice of you to take the time to post on Tripadvisor.
Good service depends on people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest takes the time to comment on an enjoyable stay. Thank You!
We enjoyed having you as our guest and would welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Perhaps unsafe as upon as after 6PM check in there were 5-6 police cars escorting people out of the hotel (in handcuffs). The "secured" parking lot may have had some working cameras but otherwise had no security. We decided it was too seedy to stay asked for a refund (never went past the lobby) and was told the Manager would call us the next day about any refund. He never called! Upon our return the manager refused to make ANY adjustment. Via the Choice Hotel rep the manager indicated this hotel did not own the parking lot and were therefore not responsible for even refunding the $10 extra night's parking charge. Better to get up at 3:30AM to get to OHare than spend a sleepless night at this place!

Room Tip: I would not stay at this hotel if the rooms were free
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Middletown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Flight cancellation forced my overpriced overnight here. Only redeeming feature was free shuttle from the airport. Not within walking distance of anything except one restaurant with bad food. So when you're stuck here, you are really stuck

• Stayed May 2014
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn O'Hare.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel and staff for failing to meet your expectations regarding nearby restaurants, I have shared your feeback with our General Manager and our Front Desk Manager to ensure we handle this type of situation differently in the future.
Again thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Des Plaines.
Draper, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My flights were delayed through ORD and I had to quickly find a hotel to stay at overnight. After finally finding the shuttle bays at the airport, I took the shuttle to the hotel. The driver exhibited moderate road rage, at one point speeding to catch up with a driver to yell at him through the window. The hotel had active construction in the lobby, despite it being 9pm. It wasn't separated off at all from the guests. The room was just ok...a little dingy actually. The bathroom was half-updated, half-not. Breakfast should have been ok, but was poorly stocked. Eventually some food was replenished and it ended up being ok. I couldn't find any water to drink if they had it. When stocked, they had scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, pancake maker, etc. I don't consider myself a light sleeper, but my room faced the highway and was fairly loud and picked up fairly early (before 6am). I used the "business center' which was really an unused hotel room with the door removed. It was being used primarily for storage, so there were various spare doors and cleaners I stepped over to print out my boarding pass. The only thing that stood out positively were the desk clerks who checked us in. They were efficient and pleasant particularly when faced with a shuttle full of passengers who had arrived at one time after flight cancellations. The hotel is also priced competitively. It's fine if you're stranded at O'Hare but I wouldn't seek this hotel out otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let TripAdvisor know about your recent stay at Comfor Inn O'Hare. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your unsatisfactory experience does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please accept our heartfelt apology for the discomfort you experienced. Please be assured your issues have been raised with our Management Team and appropriate action has been taken. We do our best to excel in service at our hotel and prevent problems from recurring. Your comments are valuable to us, and much appreciated.

Been to Comfort Inn O'Hare? Share your experiences!