“Very nice place and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn O'Hare to your Saves list
Comfort Inn O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2175 E. Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Des Plaines
Champaign, Illinois
“Very nice place and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Living three hours from O'Hare, we have stayed in this hotel three different times when taking early morning flights and have been well satisfied each time. We had previously enjoyed especially the prompt van service to O'Hare (but also other locations now) as well as the clean, quiet, well-appointed rooms and the hot tub. We've also appreciated the on-site restaurant (large menu, nice atmosphere, OK to good food), which is a big advantage over other O'Hare airport hotels we'd previously tried.

On our recent stay we paid the hotel directly $10/day (no tax) to leave our car for 5 days, which proved a better price for us than any other Park & Fly pricing of the hotel or other website. The car was safe but wouldn't start (battery had lost charge) so we had to wait in the hotel for the AAA jump service. That gave us occasion to appreciate the friendly staff even more as we kept warm in the pleasant lobby (with free coffee and apples available). We'll definitely return and use the Park and Fly option again--but get a new battery in the car before then!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel multiple times because it is one of the places near O'hare that offers "Park & Fly" deals. It is only a few minutes away from the airport, which makes it convenient. There is nothing spectacular about the rooms and amenities yet they are clean and in a pretty good shape. The shuttle service is very punctual. It leaves the hotels twice an hour. Returning from the airport requires a phone call and a wait of about 20 minutes. Not bad.

Continental breakfast is included, but again - nothing special.

Bottom line - good place if you are just passing through. I would not make it a destination as it is certainly a no-thrill hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Grand Marais, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here in January for 5 nights. I travel a lot during the winter on business. I booked with the hotel because I was an exhibitor at the Chicago Sports Show and had received a flyer from the hotel advertising a shuttle to both the airport and the convention center and an on site restaurant with room service. The shuttle service was very adequate but I was sorely disappointed with my experience with the restaurant. The first night I arrived and checked-in I was told that the restaurant would be closing in a few minutes(it was 9:50 pm). I was a bit confused since the advertisement said I could get food till 11 pm. I called the restaurant and was told that they were closing everything for the evening but they would still allow me to get an order in. Gratefully I went over at 10 pm to pick up my order. I had ordered a chicken sandwich. I was told it came with a roll, a cup of soup and I chose coleslaw as my side. When I got back to the room I found a sandwich and no sides or soup. I figured this was an honest mistake, I own a lodge and restaurant myself and know mistakes can happen particularly around closing. I was bothered by not receiving what I had ordered, but not enough to make a big deal about it.

The next night I went over at 8:05 pm when the shuttle brought us back from the convention center and had a nice meal. Very filling and very tasty. No complaints. However, on the third night I went over to Tiffany's to eat at 8:05 pm and was told that all meal service was finished for the night. I was not allowed to order anything. I found this to be fairly upsetting and a direct contradiction to the email advertising a restaurant on-site with late room service. This is greatly disturbing to me and will weigh heavily on my choice of where to stay next year when I come to Chicago for the 2013 show. When I went back to the desk to ask about the restaurant's hours and the email that I had originally been sent I was told that I had misread the email and that hours were clearly stated. I retrieved original email and could see that it clearly did not post seating hours and says room service till 11 pm. Then I asked what options I had to eat and was told that the nearest place to eat was IHOP or Chili's, about a mile away. I informed the young lady at the desk that I didn't have a car to drive, she told me I would need to take a taxi. I ended up ordering a pizza and chose to not eat at the restaurant the last 2 nights if it was open(I didn't check to see if it was open).

The room was fair, typical of an older hotel with lower rates. My room was clean, I don't have an issue with the rooms. I travel a lot on business and don't get too upset with hotels that I am paying less than average rates for. But false advertising and poor service is something that really bothers me. There were other patrons who were also staying at the hotel because they were exhibitors at the show, when I asked them about their experiences at the restaurant they also were frustrated with the false premise of food being available till late. Once person commented that if you are going to target a group then you should accommodate that groups schedule(show didn't end till 8 pm).

I was so bothered by this that I took time to write a letter to the management of the hotel and voice my complaints. I received a follow up phone call from the manager and then a call from the Comfort Inn Management Company. Their response was to offer me 15% off a one night stay in the future. 5 nights, multiple problems, and they expect me to return for a 10 dollar discount? I will be in Chicago again for business but will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here 1 night for a park and fly. This is an older property, and it shows. The rooms and common areas are dated and threadbare in some areas. However the bed was ok, the room functional, front desk people were nice, and the old beat-up shuttle van got us to the airport and back. Nothing special about this hotel, but it was serviceable for our needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place was fine for an over-night of stopping late and leaving early. The price was right and our room (162) and hallway were clean. The front desk folks were kind and patient as I struggled to check-in after working a full day and then driving 7 hours. The decor is outdated - think like the late 1960's early 70's - but it was easy to get to off the highway and in decent proximity to O'Hare and other NW side locales.

The king bed room was furnished with a desk & chair and an easy chair, microwave, fridge & coffee maker. WiFi was great even this far from the front desk. Walked right out our door and out the end of the building for the parking lot and for the restaurant next door,

Don't expect the Ritz for these prices in Chicago. Do check out the restaurant across the parking lot. Tiffany's" where they served us late dinner and the breakfast menu looked great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I am a frequent guest here because of my work...the second floor ice machine has been broken for 2 yrs with no end in sight...the wireless is spotty at best and the owners are slow to do any repairs..

• Stayed September 2012
Middleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was so impressed as the price was great, the staff very helpful, the Hotel was clean and very centrally located, and great for girlfriends on a weekend shopping trip! You're less that 10 minutes to the Park Ridge train station so you don't have to waste a lot of money on parking downtown and the schedule is great.
No, it's not the Ritz but it's wonderful for the price and room was just fine. I saved so much on the Hotel costs that I was able to stay an extra night and go shopping at Ikea on my way out of town. Close to the new Casino and airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter.