“Great place to stay on a budget!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn O'Hare

You added Comfort Inn O'Hare to your Saves list
Comfort Inn O'Hare
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2175 E. Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Great place to stay on a budget!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was so impressed as the price was great, the staff very helpful, the Hotel was clean and very centrally located, and great for girlfriends on a weekend shopping trip! You're less that 10 minutes to the Park Ridge train station so you don't have to waste a lot of money on parking downtown and the schedule is great.
No, it's not the Ritz but it's wonderful for the price and room was just fine. I saved so much on the Hotel costs that I was able to stay an extra night and go shopping at Ikea on my way out of town. Close to the new Casino and airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very comfortable, clean, nice and friendly hotel near airport, great park and fly spot, also near casino and good restaurant next door. The mattress was excellent, very comfortable, and the rooms clean. The staff was very friendly, and the shuttle to the airport was excellent, on time and great service. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
zuerich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here because of a canceled flight with us airways. The van from the hotel was dented and quite used and old inside. As I entered the lobby, one could smell some kind of cleaner but the front desk receptionist was very friendly and kind. She had no problem changing my room because I didn't want to to be on the 1st floor. The hotel has kind of a seventies style to it and clean but not well kept up in terms of painting, etc. The door to my room and the door to the bathroom were quite chipped and needed badly to be painted. However, the room itself was fine and not rough looking at all. The TV was flat screen with a nice refrigerator. Another problem was that to use the bathroom one had to close the door and then sit down because it was the distance was to short between the toilet and the door to close it after sitting down. The shower was very clean as was the sink and surrounding area, again with the seventies decor. Both of the shuttle drivers that I encountered were very punctual and very kind. During the night there was a group of teenagers whose flight was canceled. They refused to listen to anyone (and didn't understand english) and were up until at least 1:30 making alot of noise. The receptionist tried his best to quiet them down and I told them as well a couple of times. He asked me as well if I wanted to change rooms, but it was too late and I fortunately had brought ear plugs with me.

If they renovate this hotel, it will be fantastic. The front desk is uncomplicated and great and the shuttle drivers are very kind, punctual and helpful. It is also very clean even though it smells of cleanser in the halls.
lo

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've stayed at this property twice in the past year with my family and had a good experience in the rooms with double beds. This time I was alone in a room with a king bed. I thought the bed was stiff and the room was drab. Normally when you first walk in your room you get a good feeling or not and I didn't in this case. In the hotel's favor is the proximity to the airport. Their free buffet is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Aurora, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Honestly, I have stayed in other budget hotels that cost way less than this Comfort Inn and had better customer service and amenities. However, this hotel met the needs of the group I was with. My room was ready early - Thank you! And, one of the maintenance guys saw me struggling with my luggage coming up to the back door and opened it for me - Thank you! (It would be helpful to have the back door unlocked during the day as that is where the parking lot is located.) Now for the weirdness... Breakfast is only served until 9 am even on weekends - hardly helpful for those an on leisurely weekend trip. I woke up early and wanted to go to the fitness center. The book in the room said it was only open like 9 am to 11 pm. Most people workout first thing in the morning. The towel rack in the bathroom was so high that I had to reach on my tip toes. The bed in the room looked new, but I have to agree with the reviewers that there was a certain dinginess to the place. Overall, the hotel fulfilled our needs that weekend, but it is not a hotel i would seek out for just a general stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

First, you must give them a departure (shuttle) time or you could be stranded because their shuttle services only runs if they have someone on the list. The staff wasn't willing to work with me since I wasn't sure what time I would be called to leave for work. The rooms have been updated but it feels as if someone's relative did it. Grout lines an inch thick, grout where there shouldn't be, toilets that don't work, phones that don't work, etc. My room was rather small and had more furniture than some hotel rooms twice the size. There was a chair and ottoman next to the bed that blocked opening the nightstand drawer and there was no where to move the chair to to get it open! Desk chair would surely injure someone trying to go to the bathroom during the night. Even though it was updated I still felt dirty/itchy during my stay. The front desk told me the breakfast was until 10am. I got there a 8:45am and they were closing it down. Apparently, it closed at 9am! When I got into the van to go to the airport the back seat had 3-4 empty bags of candy/chips. I advised the driver who said okay and proceeded to do NOTHING about it. Van looked run down. In a "pinch" this place will do, but I won't stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Des Plaines hotels

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here just before our trip, and the overall experience was great. The staff was helpful, the restaurant next door was fine, and they even arranged for a shuttle to a nearby casino for an evening of entertainment. When we returned, our shuttle was there to pick us up even before we called!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn O'Hare? Share your experiences!