“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1207 E Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Chicago - O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

The worker that helped me check in and check out was wonderful. Her name was Angela and she knew immediatly that we were staying there for the Avicii concert. She was well informed about the location and extremely sweet. When we got to our room though the water was ice cold in the shower so we called the front desk to have it fixed. Angela helped us again and moved us rooms and the problem was solved. The reviews say this hotel is horrible but it was actually wonderful :) I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided, especially Angela. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked this on hotwire and were really quite disappointed.
We arrived late and took the shuttle- pretty much the only positive thing about our stay- always arrives and leaves on time as promised.
Our room smelled of smoke- which we reported and were told that "all rooms are non-smoking so it shouldn't smell of smoke" (we also encountered people coming down the elevator smelling of smoke- in other words the policy is obviously not being kept!)- no offer of a new room. I checked the bed the sheets and pillowcases had hairs on them and were creased; I realize that sometimes they are slightly creased coming from washing or may have an occasional hair but this crease was like when someone had slept in it and there were too many hairs for just having been washed. When we reported it to the front desk the guy told us we could come FETCH clean sheets AND RE-MAKE OUR OWN BED!!!! The rest of the room: carpets were dirty and gross (and looked to have CIGARETTE burns); the "cupboard"- which was a set of wire drawers (nothing wrong with that)- were so dirty/dusty; the coffee machine was dirty with old coffee that I did not want to use it! The breakfast really is just a grab and go- nothing spectacular; also we asked for creamer the one morning and took about 20 minutes to bring it out. The staff were rude to us and have different "policies" about the shuttle- some say you have to book an hour before others are rude when you do want to book it- saying that "it will be there waiting- you don't need to tell us". On the whole our experience wasn't good- we just stayed on as we had paid in full already (and couldn't get refund) and we had clean beds after we made them OURSELVES, and were able to keep the window open so the smell disappeared a little.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience including the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, coh2@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Princeton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The lights weren't working over the beds in the first room we were given. Moved to a 2nd room, and in the morning discovered that the shower was broken. The desk clerk told me that I could shower in another room. That was unacceptable so she assigned us another room which turned out to be the first room where the lights weren't working. Assigned us to a third room. Instead of getting ready for my meeting I had to move my luggage to the next room.
These rooms have a little kitchen area and the company's ad brags that guests don't have to make coffee in the bathroom. Well I ended up making coffee in the bathroom because the outlets in the kitchen area weren't working! I gave it one star because the place is quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced during your stay. I will work with our entire staff to improve our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, coh@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I would not recommend that you pick this place for park and fly especially if your are flying in the evening. I flew in from canada and my flight was little delayed but I thought I would be still fine. I called the front desk and i was told I m "3" minutes late. They will not accommodate me since the last shuttle is already done for the day. It was only 3 minutes and you are telling me you cannot make a quick trip of 2 miles to the airport knowing that it's not my fault. The plane was late. Anyways I ended up paying extra $20 to the cab. So when I got back to the hotel. The guy at the front desk was very rude instead of being apologetic. I asked for the manager number and he denied to give me one. I learned my lesson the hard way. I should have not parked there the first time when I had bathroom problem. SO PLEASE PAY AN EXTRA DOLLAR A DAY AND PARK SOMEWHERE CLOSER OR at least a place that offers 24 hr pick n drop service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not being able to pick you up at the time requested. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

If You Travel To Chicago's North Side Or Chicago's North & Northwest Suburbs For business,This Is The Place for You!
It Borders With O'hare,Rosemont.
Walking Distance To A Lot And Lot More 10 minutes By Car.
Price Good More To Spend On Other Things.
Customer service The Best Just come try It .
I Live In pompano Beach Florida,Work In Chicago.
I Spend 50% Of My Live Here At Extended Stay It Is Family.
Don't Forget Try It You Deserve It.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 11am and asked to check in after a 14 trip the girl (Angela) in the lobby was not nice and told me without even checking that you cannot check in before three pm... Stayed for one night in a king size bedroom which was clean, the "breakfast" is muffins and apples was lame.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about our clean king size bedroom. However, I am very sorry that your check-in process was not efficient especially after your 14-hour trip. I have reviewed your comments with my staff , and we will take proper action to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at coh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What makes the place really nice is their staff. These are people who listen to you and and get things done the best way. I cant remember all of their names, but each one of them had done their part to keep things going. Am sure most of you know the good things of any hotel, but even when there were some hickups here and there, these people fix them before i come back from work and all i had to do was to make a call. Thanks to all of you!

Its a great location if you want to comfortably connect to Downtown's Blue Line using the Hotels Shuttle. Just that the shuttle runs once every hour only. I would wish they go back to their old Schedule of every 30 mins.

The rooms are very comfortable and good enough to enjoy yourselves or start a quiet party with friend.

They could improve on cost for laundry and their Grab and Go menu.

Overall it was very comfortable for a person who is working 8 hours a day and just wants to have some quiet time and relaxed sleep in the evenings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional and accommodating service during your stay. I will be sure to advise our staff of your wonderful compliments of their service. Also, I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and our location to be ideal for your stay. Thank you for informing me in regards to the grab-and-go breakfast menu as well as the cost of laundry; we will keep these comments in mind for future updates.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South? Share your experiences!