“Clean hotel bad staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1207 E Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Chicago - O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Haifa, Israel
“Clean hotel bad staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 11am and asked to check in after a 14 trip the girl (Angela) in the lobby was not nice and told me without even checking that you cannot check in before three pm... Stayed for one night in a king size bedroom which was clean, the "breakfast" is muffins and apples was lame.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about our clean king size bedroom. However, I am very sorry that your check-in process was not efficient especially after your 14-hour trip. I have reviewed your comments with my staff , and we will take proper action to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at coh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What makes the place really nice is their staff. These are people who listen to you and and get things done the best way. I cant remember all of their names, but each one of them had done their part to keep things going. Am sure most of you know the good things of any hotel, but even when there were some hickups here and there, these people fix them before i come back from work and all i had to do was to make a call. Thanks to all of you!

Its a great location if you want to comfortably connect to Downtown's Blue Line using the Hotels Shuttle. Just that the shuttle runs once every hour only. I would wish they go back to their old Schedule of every 30 mins.

The rooms are very comfortable and good enough to enjoy yourselves or start a quiet party with friend.

They could improve on cost for laundry and their Grab and Go menu.

Overall it was very comfortable for a person who is working 8 hours a day and just wants to have some quiet time and relaxed sleep in the evenings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional and accommodating service during your stay. I will be sure to advise our staff of your wonderful compliments of their service. Also, I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and our location to be ideal for your stay. Thank you for informing me in regards to the grab-and-go breakfast menu as well as the cost of laundry; we will keep these comments in mind for future updates.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I picked this place for park n fly for 4 nights. I drove from Milwaukee 4am to catch the 5am shuttle. I asked for bathroom n I am being told that there is no public bathroom. If I want to use one I have to drive to nearest gas station. Seriously where am I? In 3rd world

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very sorry for your experience. We can understand after the drive from Milwaukee how frustrated you must have been. Unfortunately, a public washroom was not included when our site was constructed. Still, I am sending your valuable feedback to our corporate offices so they are aware of this suggestion.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at coh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great Staff Ms Mendez,Angela,Aziza and Andy make 3 star place a 4 star plus home !.
Location Location Rosemont,O'hare 5 minutes, 20 minutes to downtown or the cubs.
nice and easy super transportation hub.
price 5 $tar$.
we live in Florida and work in Chicago we spend 20 days every month here.
Try it, you will love it.
With Regards Julio Garcia

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Julio - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about the hotel and our staff, especially Angela, Aziza and Andy. As well, I am glad that you like our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I look forward to offering you a comfortable stay now and in the future.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this location this past weekend and it was great. They were able to accomodate us with 6 rooms for our group of people and we were all very comfortable. What made this hotel a truly great stay was the service from the staff. Raymond was super and accomodated us with every request and was very polite as well as the rest of the staff. I have already recommended this hotel to several friends and family and described to them what a great value this place is from the rooms, service and grab n go breakfast. I will definitely be back when I am in Chicago again. This place has everything you need for a business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Maria - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your hotel stay as well as the service you received from the staff, especially Raymond. I am pleased to know that he made your entire group's stay more comfortable.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Where do I even begin. I was looking for a place to stay while I looked for an apartment in the city. I came across this hotel and was highly impressed with the rooms. It had everything I needed from a comfy bed, full kitchen, living room, full bathroom, free basic internet, grab n go breakfast and awesome price to go with it, what more can I ask for. I work in the city and used the complimentary shuttle to the train to get to work which was a BIG plus for me saved me time and money. Although I was only here for a couple of weeks and enjoyed every bit of it what made the stay so much better was the awesome staff. I would like to point out the great service and accommodations I received from Aziza and Andy.
Aziza- the team leader of the staff and worked as front desk was always so nice and professional about everything. I could approach her with anything and she was always willing to accommodate me in anyway.
Andy- I would call him "jack of all trades" because I have seen him do front desk, shuttle driver, porter even some maintenance. Such a nice young man and courteous to all. Always working and making sure everything go goes well for all.
I hope management can reward these two great employees for there hard work. They most certainly made my stay great and I'm sure they will do with same for other guest as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. The team and I appreciate your raving and encouraging remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the room and all the amenities the hotel had to offer. I am also happy you were able to use our hotel shuttle and were able to save time and money; every little bit counts. I am very proud of my team and that they were able to provide you with great service and accommodations throughout your entire stay.

Once again the staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would like to point out the outstanding service I received during my stay here, provided by Andy and Aiza. All the rooms are conftable and free breakfast something that makes this place the best option for a business trip. Free shuttle to the airport makes easy the way to work very nice for those people who does not have a car.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Thank you for the kind comments about the outstanding service you received and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South? Share your experiences!