“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1207 E Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Chicago - O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Des Plaines
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this location this past weekend and it was great. They were able to accomodate us with 6 rooms for our group of people and we were all very comfortable. What made this hotel a truly great stay was the service from the staff. Raymond was super and accomodated us with every request and was very polite as well as the rest of the staff. I have already recommended this hotel to several friends and family and described to them what a great value this place is from the rooms, service and grab n go breakfast. I will definitely be back when I am in Chicago again. This place has everything you need for a business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Maria - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your hotel stay as well as the service you received from the staff, especially Raymond. I am pleased to know that he made your entire group's stay more comfortable.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Where do I even begin. I was looking for a place to stay while I looked for an apartment in the city. I came across this hotel and was highly impressed with the rooms. It had everything I needed from a comfy bed, full kitchen, living room, full bathroom, free basic internet, grab n go breakfast and awesome price to go with it, what more can I ask for. I work in the city and used the complimentary shuttle to the train to get to work which was a BIG plus for me saved me time and money. Although I was only here for a couple of weeks and enjoyed every bit of it what made the stay so much better was the awesome staff. I would like to point out the great service and accommodations I received from Aziza and Andy.
Aziza- the team leader of the staff and worked as front desk was always so nice and professional about everything. I could approach her with anything and she was always willing to accommodate me in anyway.
Andy- I would call him "jack of all trades" because I have seen him do front desk, shuttle driver, porter even some maintenance. Such a nice young man and courteous to all. Always working and making sure everything go goes well for all.
I hope management can reward these two great employees for there hard work. They most certainly made my stay great and I'm sure they will do with same for other guest as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. The team and I appreciate your raving and encouraging remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the room and all the amenities the hotel had to offer. I am also happy you were able to use our hotel shuttle and were able to save time and money; every little bit counts. I am very proud of my team and that they were able to provide you with great service and accommodations throughout your entire stay.

Once again the staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would like to point out the outstanding service I received during my stay here, provided by Andy and Aiza. All the rooms are conftable and free breakfast something that makes this place the best option for a business trip. Free shuttle to the airport makes easy the way to work very nice for those people who does not have a car.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Thank you for the kind comments about the outstanding service you received and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

First the cons . I was back in the US after a while , so wanted a Airport pickup help . When I called up , they were not at all helpful . There are slots for pick up and for a new person in city , it was a big hassle . So I had to book a cab who fleeced me 80 dollars from airport .

I had a king bed suite . The restroom at times stinks of smoke . As if someone is smoking nearby . Probably stench was coming from adjacent rooms . Every thing else was ok . I loved to proximity to the airport . Staffs were good .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Des Plaines, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed in a renovated room, the furniture and bed are top notch, the kitchen gets the job done. Staying next to the airport you would expect noise, but the noise was very little. Taking the complimentary van to the airport terminal was a nice bonus as we made a reservation for 4pm showed up at 4:05pm and the van waited for us, it's little things like that, that makes a stay enjoyable. This is not a Hilton, but you are not paying Hilton prices either, but what really made the stay was the quality of the employees, from the maintenance man showing up within 10 min to fix a problem, to the help/friendliness from the front desk to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Brian - Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read the remarks about our friendly staff. As well, I am so glad that the entire team was able to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. We truly enjoyed having you visit!

Your feedback is very important to us so thank you for sharing your kind comments if you have any additional feedback please reach out to me at coh@extendedstay.com. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am staying in this hotel from past 4months. I travel every week on business purpose and stay in this hotel. Every week there is one or other problem( Air conditioner doesn't work, Sink doesn't drain, Bathroom pit doesn't drain, Door doesn't have proper lock, Last week i saw a big insect in the room- I was so scared). The maintaience is very poor. I will never going back to this hotel. Also the price of the room is expensive for a 2 star hotel. It's not worthy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Prices here are higher than than the hotel next door , touting itself as the deluxe version , but the service here is very poor. All the front desk staff I met with seemed perturbed when asked simple questions about amenities, night and day.
The coffee at times was not available when due. When asking for a coffee refill I was greeted with annoyance.
On checking out i had i was 30 minutes late, Despite a call to warn the front desk to my lateness to collect my bags, i was charged an extra day! I've stayed at both hotels (North and South ) and the South/Deluxe is not worth the extra money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - O'Hare - South? Share your experiences!