“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Carolina, United States
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. The van/shuttle service is very good.You are very close to Giordano's Pizzeria, this is the best pizza ever.You are not far from the train station, so getting a train to down town is easy and conveniant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dan G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Dear Daryl,
I just wanted to write you to thank you for taking the time to respond to our on-line survey. We appreciate your feedback!

I will be more than happy to share your comments with the rest of our team! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dan Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here July 2014 for 3 nights. Absolutely nothing to complain about EXCEPT for the food which I gave a 7 out of 10. However my rating must be taken in perspective as I did not try everything on the menu. The shuttle service was my personal favorite as I was able to move around within environs easily.

Dear Brendon,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our Tripadvisor page. I have shared your comments with the rest of our team. Please let us know if you are not happy with the quality of our food next time you are in. We'll be more than happy to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us!

Orange Co. CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

There are so many choices in the O'hare area - I'll likely pick another next time. Arrived late into ORD, and then waited 45 min for the shuttle to arrive. Bad start. The were two desk clerks - one was already busy, the other just kept her head down while I waited. Finally - in the room at 2am. I will say the room is super quiet, even tho the planes are flying right overhead.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear smontague2868,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience during your stay with us. Rest assured, I followed up with all concerned individuals to prevent this type of incident from happening in the future.
If I, personally, can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contacting me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We chose the hilton after a horrific stay at another chicago hotel based on trip advisor reviews. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay relaxing. They had put a room on hold for us on the top floor at the end of a hall because a family reunion was taking up many of the other floors. I guess the staff thought we needed a brake after our previous night. The room was standard but clean. Everything worked and the bed was firm but not rock hard. Checkout was easy and the shuttle to Ohare was prompt. I wish they had a standard free continental rather than trying to sex it up so they could charge $14. Overall, a very good stay and I would do it again if I'm ever laid over at O'hare.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Micah,

Thanks for your kind words in regards to your recent stay with us. I'll be sure to share them with the staff. I'll also share your comments with our Food and Beverage team to analyze the cost of our breakfast.

Thanks again, safe travels,

Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Nice hotel with free parking that was pleasantly quiet even though it so close to the airport. The breakfast buffet was also very nice (additional cost / free for Hilton Gold and Diamond members). Like most Hilton Garden Inns it has a cook that can make eggs any way you like, omelets, pancakes, and waffles.

Dear Shashank,

I just wanted to write you to thank you for taking the time to post on our Tripadvisor page. We appreciate your feedback!

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and amenities. Thank you again for staying with us. If I can be of personal assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare
Valparaiso, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I highly recommend any of the Hilton brands as I have stayed in many of their hotels over the years including the Hilton Garden Inns, the Hampton Inns, the Embassy Suites and the Homewood Suites. Have always experienced high quality in each. Choose a Hilton next time you travel you will not be disappointed they have high standards for all their brands.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Linda,

Thank you again for staying with us at Hilton Garden Inn. If I can be of personal assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I’ve never rated a hotel one star, but this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I made a reservation at the hotel, and I arrived late in the evening. When I checked in, there was no one in line, and both of the guys at the front desk were busy doing something on the computer and never looked up at me. After several seconds, one of them finally said hello. I gave him my ID and credit card, and he couldn’t find my reservation. So I pulled up my confirmation on my phone, and he couldn’t be bothered to look at it. He finally said that he couldn’t find my reservation and the hotel was full. The worst part is that he was so smug and didn’t seem to care that I had nowhere to stay tonight – he didn’t offer any apologies, no alternatives, nothing. Not even a smile. It was like I was talking to a robot that had no emotion and only went through the processing steps. The guy wasn’t humane.

The hotel looked nice and the location was ok, but to me customer service is very important. And from reading the other one star reviews, they all complained about the awful service at this hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear BoysInNY,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm extremely disappointed to read the way you were treated during your time in our hotel.

I'd be very interested to find out more information about your experience. I'd like to research this instance so that I can use it as a training tool for our staff. Our goal is to consistently improve our service and this would be a great coaching opportunity for our staff. In addition, I would like to ensure your satisfaction with Hilton Hotels, particularly our hotel. Please feel free to reach me directly at the information below or via a direct message through Tripadvisor. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

I look forward to speaking with you directly. Thank you again. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Daniel Garcia
847-296-8900

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!