“Convenient to O'Hare” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Des Plaines
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Convenient to O'Hare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I needed to stay close to the airport in order to get an early morning flight out. The hotel is reasonably priced for the location. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are good size, clean and comfortable. The restaurant was good, in fact better than average compared to most HGI restaurants. The fitness room is good with updated treadmills. Would definitely recommend if you need a reasonably priced hotel close to O'Hare.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear rantoday,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us online. I'm pleased you had the opportunity to try selections from our diverse restaurant menu. We hope to welcome you back soon!

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here for an over night for a wedding. The hotel has NO humidity...very hard to sleep...beds were not comfortable...lot's of hallway noise. Would not stay there again. The front desk was attentive but they said they get these complaints all the time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Steinfest, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I would first like to apologize for any problems that your may have encounted at our hotel. We are concerned with the overall feedback that you provided us during your recent visit, and we are prepared to take steps necessary to ensure your loyatly. Our hotel has a very high focus on customer service and product quality at our award winning establishment. The hotel is currently ranked within the top 1% for all Hilton Garden Inn hotels and we empower our team to exceed the customers expectations when resolving any issues that a guest may have. We also stand 100% behind our Hilton Garden Inn "Promise" and I would encourage you to contact me personally to discuss this with me in more detail. I can assure you that you will not be dissappointed in the results. Our typical feedback from customers that respond to Trip Advisor is very positive which has provided us the #1 ranking for years in our market. I look forward to hearing back from you sometime in the near future. Scott Steinfest, General Manager
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel following a cancelled flight and was very pleased with the service I received. The frond desk staff were very professional, pleasant and helpful. Check in and check out was quick and smooth. As I also did not have luggage with me it was nice to receive the complimentary toothbrush, toothpaste and other amenities needed. The shuttle service to and from the airport was also managed extremely well with it running every half hour. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear tour_on1,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor! We're glad we could help you into a comfortable room after a hectic day at the airport. Have a wonderful week!

Hometown, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for one night with our toddler. We went to see Yo Gabba Gabba and decided to make a night out for the family. The Lobby was beautiful, staff very helpful. Quick check in and out. It was very close to alot of restuarants. The pool was my toddlers favorite a nice way to end the night. The room was nice, quite and spacious however my husband found the bed uncomfortable but it will not hinder us from visiting again.
We all enjoyed our overnight stay at the Hilton garden Inn!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Chicago frequently on business and this is one of my favorite hotels in the area and the only one I stay at if I want to be close to the airport. Extremely convenient to O'Hare. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is friendly and professional. Good restaurants close by if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Duane 1969,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare. We appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your kind comments about our hotel and staff with us on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful week.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stay at this hotel 1-2 times a year, most recently over Christmas 2012. The staff at this hotel is one of the friendliest I've encountered. The rooms are comfortable, and include a microwave. The breakfast is one of the better chain hotel breakfasts I've had (I typically get it free for Hilton honors gold - otherwise I think it is about $15), and again, the staff is very attentive and friendly.

There is a new casino within walking distance, other than that not much around unless you have a car. There is also a pool that seems to be very popular with the kids.

Overall - very reasonably priced, comfortable rooms, and great staff. Cannot go wrong staying here if you're in the area

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear TripHound_13,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and staff. We appreciate your continued loyalty and thank you for staying with us. Have a wonderful week!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the weekend of Thanksgiving 2012. We got a really good deal on the hotel so for as cheap as it was I was not expecting much at all. Well I was very surprised to say the least. The lobby was done very well looked very clean and modern/professional. The staff was very polite check in was a breeze and overall staffed by professionals. The room itself was very clean even the hallways where very clean. The bed is typical hotel bed but it didn't roll to the middle which is a huge plus. We used the shuttle service the whole weekend. They will take you to the blue line or O'Hare for free 24 hours a day no issues. Because of this I can not review the hotel amenities since we spent the whole time in downtown Chicago pretty much. But based on the rest of the hotel I would say they are above normal hotel standards. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I plan on using it again when we return to Chicago in the summer.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!