“Great hotel - just wish it were in the city!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Des Plaines
Rockville, Maryland
“Great hotel - just wish it were in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I chose this hotel based primarily on the Trip Advisor reviews and I'm glad I did. I had business in Des Plaines and this hotel proved to be ideal. The location precluded me from going into the city of Chicago, but it was convenient for arriving from and going to the airport. Everyone from the shuttle driver on was exceptionally friendly and attentive. The complimentary parking and wi-fi made it a convenient meet-up point for friends and co-workers. The rooms were clean and comfortable and virtually noise-proof. The new casino a half-block down provides a fun little escape if you have some time to kill and are in a gambling mood. All in all, a great place to stay.

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
West Buxton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hosted a small meeting with people from all over North America at this just 6 year old property. The renovations to lobby, restaurant & bar as well as rooms completed last month made this a great choice. Just minutes from the airport via free shuttle. Manager handled setting up two private dinners for 16 at excellent area restaurants -- one included a private dining room and of course free transport to and from. Meeting facilities were excellent and room set up, breakfast & lunch very easy for us to enjoy. Most accomodating. Rate this highly. Did I mention that the shuttle will also get you to the blue L line into the city in 40 minutes? Sweet!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Daniel_L_Garcia, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear CrazyAuntMartha,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on tripadvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! It was a pleasure being able to reserve a private room for you in one of our nearby restaurants as well.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your business needs. We look forward to your next visit! Have a great week.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Garden Inn. Conveniently located to O'hare. Loved the casino next door. Great places to eat within a mile of this hotel. I stayed here a few months ago before the remodel. The renovations are great. Rooms are in wonderful condition. The only downside is that my connection to the wireless internet kept getting dropped. It happed 5 times during the week I was there. I spent all my time at the hotel, as I was attending a conference. Nice place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Daniel_L_Garcia, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear tripper0567,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was our pleasure welcoming you back to our property. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our wireless internet. We work closely with our technical support team to quickly resolve these types of issues. Please inform our guest assistance team next time the connection doesn't work properly and we will assure our support team resolves the issue right away.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ottawa, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The O'Hare Hilton Garden Inn in Des Plaines, IL is a very attractive hotel, from the moment you enter the front door. My wife thought it would just be another "garden variety" (sorry!), average hotel. She commented about her surprise the moment we walked into the warm, inviting lobby. But it was the staff of the hotel that was above average in the way that mattered most. I was especially impressed with the young man who was the night manager, Eduardo. I found out later that besides his demanding job as the all-nighter front desk manager, he is a full-time student at U of Illinois-Chicago. Eduardo was a very welcoming, helpful manager; a very professional young man with a gift for service, as were many of the other staff members. One young senorita I ran into on the elevator in the morning was very friendly, welcoming and thanking me persoanally for staying at the hotel. The staff has clearly been well chosen and trained to welcome guests and give them a positive experience. Oh, and our room...my wife loved it! So did I.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John W,

I'm glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our property and our staff. I have shared your comments with Eduardo and our housekeeping team. Thank you again for coming back to our property, we are glad to have earned your loyalty!

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here as it was convenient to the airport. I had guests arriving from Japan and needed a hotel with free shuttle service.

First I must say, the staff that checked us in was superb! I like to request a bed & breakfast rate for my colleagues from Japan. This hotel did not have such rates but because I am a Diamond member with HHonors, they gave both of my colleagues a breakfast coupon. It's the little things like this that make my long travel week start off with a smile.

If you have to stay in town with your family I highly recommend this place because of the pool. I saw pictures posted. I was in the gym and saw families having a great time...the pool is made for kids.

Typical HGI features, nothing bad to say.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear kuuru,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our service that you received during your stay with us. I'm glad our staff was able to make your stay comfortable for you and your guests. We definitely appreciate your loyalty to our property and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Champaign
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I will make this short because I love this place my family and I choose this hotel everytime we stay in the Chicago area. Close to the airport, great shuttle service, park and ride, close to blue line and great value. I love working out and they have one of the best workout areas for a value hotel. I just love this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear 833travelguy,

We appreciate your continued loyalty to our property, thank you for choosing our hotel every time you are in the Chicago area! It's always a pleasure to see that we have earned a guest's repeated business. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. Thank you again, I hope you have a great week!

Puget Sound in Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just five minutes from O'Hare Airport in Chicago. Newly remodeled, excellent staff, clean, comfortable (even has adjustable beds!!) It's also two doors down from the Red River Casino(not sure, we did not visit the casino). Our room also had a fridge and microwave...and they give real creamers for your morning coffee!! Wireless internet was easy to use as well.
: )
Enjoy your stay...and don't forget to tip those wonderful room attendants...they always deserve it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lynette F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel on tripadvisor.com. I'm glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our Garden Sleep System in our beds and that you had a comfortable night's rest during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back in our hotel in the near future. Have a great day!

Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!