“OK for lunch!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Mundelein, Illinois
“OK for lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were greeted when we arrived and taken to a booth as requested. The table top was not clean. The next one had food particles along with glass rings on it as well before the host wiped it down at my request. It seems as though a little training may be in order here. It is not like the place was busy considering that only 5 tables were occupied.

Our food server arrived promptly asking for our drink order. Why it took 5 minutes to bring an iced tea, a Coke and a cup of coffee is a mystery. Refills were never offered. He next took our food orders which were delivered by another person. All food seemed to have been freshly prepared and was good.

We would return again, but would not consider this to be a destination.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson. The Longhorn is attached to the hotel and found the food to be delicious and the bartender friendly.

Visited March 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Pretty Good Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, but on a recent trip staying near O'hare, I had the choice of IHOP, Chili's, Subway, Panda Express and a dodgy looking sushi place within quick walking distance. Or, there was the Long Horn adjacent to the hotel.
I've been to LH before in a few different states and the quality of food has always been decent.
I had the ribeye medium rare and the veg side with a salad.
Perky, friendly wait staff took my order quickly.
Salad was typical house salad, a little wilted as they generally sit, refrigerated, waiting to be dressed and sent to tables.
Not an issue. I expect that.
I was really impressed by the ribeye though. Perfectly medium rare, tender, and very flavorful. Not as good as I can do on the grill at home, but again, for a chain....a really good steak. There was enough fat left on the cut to enjoy by itself or skewered with a piece of the beef.
Veg side was to my taste. Carrots, broccoli and snow peas, all al dente. I can't stand veg that is steamed or sauteed to the point that it has no texture.
The bread, as always, was fantastic.

Visited March 2013
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not a true authentic steakhouse, steaks are a little tasteless. Every time i ask for medium rare, it comes out well done. I also don't understand the concept of stuffing your steak with cheddar cheese and bacon, it's almost as if you're trying to cover the crappy taste of your steak. Go to wildfire, steaks are much better.

Visited December 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stopped in here because it was right next to our hotel and the food and service was really good! My husband got the steak and i got parmesan chicken-yum! The dessert should not be missed either!

Visited February 2013