“Faulty towers” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago O'Hare Rosemont Travelodge

Chicago O'Hare Rosemont Travelodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Des Plaines
Chicago O'Hare Rosemont Travelodge
Save Saved
You added Chicago O'Hare Rosemont Travelodge to your Saves list
3003 Mannheim Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Dalton-in-Furness
“Faulty towers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place was a pit. I've slept on the beach under a fishing shelter which felt cleaner than this place. There was a bed and mattress in the hallway, which when I walked past made me feel like vomiting due to the stench.
The bathroom was dirty and dilapidated and it took ages to run any semblance of tepid water.
I kept thinking either john Cleese or the guy from candid camera was going to appear.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chadderton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Like a lot of travellers last week I was caught up in the horrendous weather in the USA. I was flying in to Chicago and then on to Canada. Unfortunately because of the severe weather my connecting flight was cancelled until the next day so had to look for accommodation for one night.
Like a fool I selected this flea pit as the name had a similar name to the chain of hotels in the uk - that was mistake number 1.
Mistake number 2 was not walking away at the door / reception, it looked tatty and under normal circumstances I would have. But again because of the number of cancellations accommodation was limited, so I convinced myself it was only for one night and it would be ok.
Mistake number 3 was not walking away having seen the state of the carpets in the hallway to the room.
Mistake number 4 was not walking away from the stench of damp and mold
Mistake number 5 was having a cold wash in the morning as there was no hot water available, and when complained about the lack of hot water was greeted by a shrug of the shoulders and "did you let it run"
Would I ever go back to this hotel under similar circumstances - NEVER, I would have sooner slept rough in a bus shelter.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Miami - FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I arrived in Chicago O'hare at around 10:00 PM - final destination to be Champaign, IL. So I would still have to drive around 3 hours and a 1/2 to arrive. I was pretty tired of the stressfull plane ride so I decided to spend a night in Chicago, specifically around the airport, before heading to Champaign. I went to the rental car place and the person there indicated me this hotel as being a cost friendly hotel. I trusted his sugestion, but was EXTREMELY disappointed. Once I arrive, yes, the front desk lady was a very pleasant and helpfull person, but outside the hotel gave me a not pleasent feel. I would not recommend for a girl travelling alone. Well, entering the room, extremely dated, and did not have a very clean feel. I am not a smoker, so the smoke smell in the room also really bothered me. Bottom line: I did not feel safe in this hotel and found it to be not clean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Marshfield, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

After having a horrible hotel experience in down town Chicago, I found the Travelodge to be a huge relief. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and welcoming. The sleep quality was great. They had a nice outdoor pool. And very modern restaurant/ bar area. and the complimentary breakfast was also good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Chicago O'Hare Rosemont Travelodge? Share your experiences!