“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exeter
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

As a solo business traveler, I had to take a last minute to trip to visit a few companies in Deerfield. It was recommend that I stay at this establishment as it is located in the same office park. While not normally enjoying the suite style hotel, I was pleasantly surprised at the service and the comfort of the room.

Check in was remarkably efficient and was given directions to my room. The hotel isn't one building but rather a "village" of townhouse looking structures that had four rooms each. My room was in a far back corner on the first floor. It was apparent walking in to the room, it had been recently remodeled. The room was bright with new furniture and appointments. The floorplan was open and reminded me of a studio apartment in NYC. The unit included a couch and easy chair, fireplace, good work station, king size bed and full kitchen.

While the hotel is located in a office park, it is conveniently located across a pretty major shopping district that includes a grocery store. This proved to be a god send as I was able to purchase groceries (i.e. fruits and vegetables) and cook in the room.

Stay away from the breakfasts. Underwhelming.

Overall, this facility was clean, convenient and value priced. Recommended to the business traveler or those with families.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. I am always very pleased when I see great comments about our recently renovated rooms and especially pleased when I see comments about our amazing staff!

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winnipeg, MB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel has really good reviews on Trip Advisor - having just stayed there, I have to wonder why. We stayed one night as we were going to a wedding nearby and the rest of the wedding party were staying there. The $99 rate sounded great - but the experience was disappointing. Firstly, the room smelled odd. Almost as if someone had spilled milk in the carpet some time ago. The surround of the bath was cracked and dingy looking. It's impossible to use the bathroom sink without waking your room mate as there is no door to that part of the bathroom. On the plus side, the desk clerk was super friendly. The breakfast was okay - I would avoid the dried out sausage patties but people seemed to be enjoying the waffles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience was not the best for you. I will absolutely bring up your stay to my staff and make sure that these items are addressed. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your stay, please feel free to contact us directly.

Avon, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I chose this property as my husband and daughter were joining me for this trip to the area. I normally stay at the Renaissance Northbrook, so I was aware that the style of hotel and amenities would be lesser but was looking for the additional space as a top priority.
The most unfortunate part of this property is that there are no one-bedroom suites as I would normally expect to find at a Residence Inn. Instead, there are studios or you have to upgrade to a two bedroom suite which is obviously more costly. I was hoping to get upgraded to one as a Platinum member, but this did not happen.
We stayed in building 4 which is at the far back corner of the property. It was very quiet. Had I been traveling alone, I would not have liked this location as it was not only in the back corner of the property, but I had to go around to the back side of the building to find my entrance - not the most safe feeling if I was coming in at night.
The property is laid out as individual buildings which feel more like a townhouse set-up and each unit has its own entrance from the outside directly into the room - not ideal in bad weather. This also means you have a bit of an outdoor walk to get to any of the amenities - breakfast, pool, exercise facility, etc - again, not ideal in bad weather. Parking is conveniently spread throughout the property and allows you to park very near your unit.
Check-in was quite easy and the staff were friendly. We requested a late check-out which they acted like would not be possible, but did go ahead and grant the extra 1 hr (to 1:00pm).
Breakfast was just ok, nothing great but enough to get by. It was a big bonus when one of the dining attendants saw our daughter and brought out crayons and a coloring page.
The pool was a huge hit. It was outdoor but clearly heated as it was very comfortable during the last week of August. Plenty of towels available at the pool and a restroom easily accessible right inside the building at the nearest entrance from the pool. It was closed promptly at dusk.
We did have a few spiders in our room which was not surprising considering the trees surrounding the back property line, but not something I was thrilled about considering there were multiple occurrences and they weren't small.
The hotel is just down the road from Northbrook Court which is a nice mall and has a really great restaurant - Di Pescara. There is also a Starbucks on Lake Cook Rd within 2 minutes of the hotel. There are not an abundance of sit-down, table service dining options in the immediate area.
The property is tucked back inside a corporate park area, so it's not an obvious location when driving down Lake Cook Rd. Look for the big "500 Corporate" sign at the light and you'll know to turn.

Room Tip: Don't plan on a separate bedroom from living area unless you book a 2-bedroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While it looks like we did not succeed this time in making it the best stay for you, our staff appreciate the feedback so that we can make our hotel better. Our hotel is unique in that we have the separate buildings and some are not as close to the gatehouse as we would like them to be. This can be a pest for our guests, and I do apologize. I hope that your next Marriott experience is a better fit for you and your family.

Best Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at the Hyatt down the street, but for some reason I was unable to get a room there in July... This was a bad experience... Terrible location; there is literally no food options near this hotel (it is tucked away off the main road near office buildings)... The room was a nice size, but dirty and could use some updating... Staff seemed indifferent. Not somewhere I'd stay again for the price.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that you did not have the best experience. I am not sure if you were able to discuss dining options with our desk staff or not but there are some very nice restaurants in the area within a 1 mile radius and we would be happy to shuttle you to and from the hotel. If you decide to stay with us again in the future we would be delighted to assist. I know this doesn't make up for your bad experience but we can only learn from our mistakes and get better for our guests. Thanks again for your response.

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The room was clean, it had a full kitchen and it was close to supermarkets and restaruants (Lou Malnati's Buffalo Grove!). Indulge and get the Chocolate Pizza for desert! Everone will want their own! If you have not tried it, the Malnati's original chicago deep dish is outstanding!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding our hotel. We will make sure to keep up the good work and I agree Lou Malnati's is amazing!

Best Regards

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel multiple times over a 4 month period. The location is great, just off 43 and Skokie highway. The rooms are very nice and the hotel staff is very friendly. They have a complimentary breakfast buffet and light evening spread on weekdays. Very near to train station if you want to go to downtown Chicago and they have a free shuttle. I have stayed in a number of hotels in the area and I would rate this as a really good place for long term stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for all of the great comments. We pride ourselves on being the "home away from Home" during long business trips, re-locations, or whatever your extended stay needs may be. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Carmel, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The locaton was perfect, right off the main road, close to shopping, movies, restaurants, everything we needed. Our early checkin was no problem, the staff was fantastic, our 2nd floor room in a quiet area was absolutely spotless & beautiful & had everything we needed, plus more. The room was quiet, the bed extremely comfortable, the breakfast was very good...lots of great of great options. The pool looked inviting. There was also a basketball/volleyball court for the younger set. This was our first stay here and if we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We prefer top floor rooms because we like peace & quiet & don't have to worry about othe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

What a wonderful comment in regards to our hotel. We truly appreciate you choosing the Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield and we especially appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to having you again when you are in the Chicago Deerfield area!

Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield? Share your experiences!