Franchise; privately owned since 2011
Spacious lobby with flat screen TV, but checked in guests asked to leave no (loitering) no chatting up the staff. Security cameras installed beyond entrances points more like a department store.
Pet friendly but at what cost;
One woman, a breeder passing through stays with 10 + puppies in her room and takes over the sidewalk and grass in front of her room with fencing, no special rooms for pet guests, so no extra cleaning of those rooms at checkout. Elevator carpeting old and smells of Uren, dog poop all over grass and open space surrounding parking lot and walk area to mall no rule in place to pick up your dogs waste.
Wi-Fi, must log in but kicked off every 8 hours, no bandwidth for streaming, you tube and online games ect.
Guest phone calls are not put through due to security and no messages are relayed that someone has called.
They cannot seem to decide want the right temperature is for the shower so right knows it is set at scalding.
Wind yes but debris all over the parking lot, grass ect., garbage left at cans buy elevator door that sits there all day.
Parking lot hogs;
Two monthly guests have taken over the parking lot one has a car and 2 pickup trucks the other with 3 compact cars, there are no spaces for trucks with an average truck taking up 4 car spaces, and a van with trailer 5. In addition, there are 3 abandoned cars in the parking lot 2 with 4 flat tires each one with no tags and a tag of 2008.
Yes, more than one suicide committed here, last 2012
“Not My Favorite”
Yes, only enough towels and sheets for one changeover a lot with holes no extras pillows, bedspreads, shower curtains ect. Red roof channel lineup DirecTV by Lodge Net, mole not mouse, no lobby checkout sign or law card on door.
“A+ Staff in D+ Facility”
Yes part time maintenance man, upper floor railing rusting out and pulling away from the building, headboard to wide for room, bath mats 18" x 22". Non-smoking rooms if any rented by smokers who smoke in front of their door.
“Great Staff but Older Building”
Yes no security for windows
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel Deerfield
- Red Roof Inn Northbrook
- Northbrook Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Chicago's beautiful North Shore, this recently renovated property features free wireless internet, gourmet coffee, guest laundry, restaurants and fitness centers within walking distance, and convenient access to public transportation to downtown Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.