“Improved” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Deerfield
Staten Island, New York
“Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is my second stay here. This time we sprung for a delux king room which cost about $10 more per day. The extra money is worth it for a king side bed and larger room. Only complaint I have is a very noisy fan in the bathroom. The decor otherwise is standard Red Roof not fancy but functional.

Property was clean staff very helpful. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although I may be used to staying at Marriot Hotels my fiancé and I needed a cheap getaway for the weekend. Sadly I was not pleased. The room had a musty scent and they were very stingy with pillows and towels. When asking the front desk for an extra pillow they told us they didn't have any extras. Ok. The TV has very limited channels. It's an outdated TV as well so it's not possible to hook up a PS3 or anything. What really put the icing on the cake was the MOUSE we spotted in our room on the 2nd night! A disgusting mouse was running around where we slept. I was disgusted. We called the front desk to ask if we could switch rooms and requested he bring the key to us for the new room however he made us go get it because he said he couldn't leave the lobby. K. So we had to lug all our belongings to a new room at 12:00am with no help. Also, our room key had us locked out when returning back from the mall on the 2nd day. The guy said they only programmed it for one night. Thanks. Lastly, the inside of the room says check out time is 12:00pm. This morning I get a knock on the door at 11:15am basically telling us to get out because check out was at 11:00am. My finance said the door says 12:00pm! Ad he said it was changed to 11:00am... Well no one ever notified us of this! So we rushed out and left! Not happy with this hotel. Although the beds were okay the rest was a bust. Move along... Much nicer choices for a few bucks more!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The staff was fantastic. They arranged a cab for me as well as let me return to my old room after I had checked out to change clothes. When I checked in, they also asked if I had a preference for which floor I stayed on. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing about the hotel.

The room I stayed in looked really old and smelled bad. The roof was even peeling in places (see picture). The room itself looked clean, though. Additionally, if you are restricted to walking, there's not a lot around. There's a Starbucks about a quarter-mile away and a grocery store a little further on. Other than that, there's just a depressing, mostly-vacant mall.

Tip: Double check that your window is completely shut. Mine was not and somebody from the outside could easily open it and come in your room because there are no screens on the windows.

Room Tip: There is a highway running nearby one side of the hotel which was kind of loud, so ask for a room on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
redroof188, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff! We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and it looks like we accomplished this goal with you. With respect to the building, please accept my apologies. We do our best to try to keep the hotel in the best condition possible, but sometimes we do fall short. I can assure you that your specific room has been fixed. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof and we hope that you choose us for your future stays in the area.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I used to work in this neighborhood, so like to stay in the area when traveling between Wisconsin and Michigan.
My wife and 9 month old son stayed here the summer of 2012.
Simply put, the place is dated/dingy, a little spooky, and there are better options just down the street, if they're available.
I say spooky because my wife was a bit spooked out by the people she saw wandering about the place. I have to agree it was a bit odd, but I didn't feel uncomfortable.
However, this hotel is really nothing more than a place to crash, and much better alternatives are just a few blocks away for about twenty bucks more.
If you're cheap, or single, or everything else is booked, this is the place to stay; otherwise, drive on.

Room Tip: Try to get first floor, as elevator is slow, and the stairs are dingy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
redroof188, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Chicago Northbrook/Deerfield during your stay this past summer. I am sorry to hear you found it spooky. If there is ever a concern with respect to guests wandering around the hotel or any other concern that may make you feel uneasy, please call the front desk and we will address the issue immediately. Again, thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn and we hope that you visit us again in the future.

Queens Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week at the Red Roof Inn, Northbrook, IL.
We had the most pleasant stay. The staff was kind and efficient. Yes, the room was small, but it was clean. No, we didn't have enough towels or toilet paper, but the second I asked, before I hung up the phone, maintenance was at my door. They gave me whatever we wanted. Parking and access to the room was wonderful. I needed a printer and the lobby printer was out of ink, the main desk without any questions asked let me use their printer.
No complaints whatsoever. For the money we paid, we stayed at much worse places for more money. Thank you to the staff of the Red Roof Inn. The washer and dryer are easy access. TV is old but ample.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof188, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs and that you found our staff helpful. Our goal is to make every guest's stay a great one and it sounds like we accomplished this goal with you.

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is fine for short stays but the regular rooms are tiny and they are very stingy with the towels pillows and soap.

Staff is friendly but a little hard to understand on the phone.

Will try the King. Size room when I return next year.

• Stayed September 2012
redroof188, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your response. While we do try to accommodate all of our guests needs, we may, on occasion run short on supplies. Please accept my apologies for this. We look forward to seeing you next year.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

WONDER! is the first thought that comes to mind when visiting this fine establishment. A short walk across the highway to the joy of Nickel CIty will have your fears of Rm. 217 melting away.
Upon experiencing the tearful bliss that only 1004 tickets can bring I purchased the Wizard's Brew with my earnings and used it to create a magical Russian Fantasy.
My morning walks to the conveniently located Starbucks were carefree.

Shopping carts races you might ask?

Yes, they were abundant and terrifying.

I recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with 217.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield? Share your experiences!