I stayed here for one night on business. The staff was fantastic. They arranged a cab for me as well as let me return to my old room after I had checked out to change clothes. When I checked in, they also asked if I had a preference for which floor I stayed on. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing about the hotel.
The room I stayed in looked really old and smelled bad. The roof was even peeling in places (see picture). The room itself looked clean, though. Additionally, if you are restricted to walking, there's not a lot around. There's a Starbucks about a quarter-mile away and a grocery store a little further on. Other than that, there's just a depressing, mostly-vacant mall.
Tip: Double check that your window is completely shut. Mine was not and somebody from the outside could easily open it and come in your room because there are no screens on the windows.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel Deerfield
- Red Roof Inn Northbrook
- Northbrook Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Chicago's beautiful North Shore, this recently renovated property features free wireless internet, gourmet coffee, guest laundry, restaurants and fitness centers within walking distance, and convenient access to public transportation to downtown Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.