I used to work in this neighborhood, so like to stay in the area when traveling between Wisconsin and Michigan.
My wife and 9 month old son stayed here the summer of 2012.
Simply put, the place is dated/dingy, a little spooky, and there are better options just down the street, if they're available.
I say spooky because my wife was a bit spooked out by the people she saw wandering about the place. I have to agree it was a bit odd, but I didn't feel uncomfortable.
However, this hotel is really nothing more than a place to crash, and much better alternatives are just a few blocks away for about twenty bucks more.
If you're cheap, or single, or everything else is booked, this is the place to stay; otherwise, drive on.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel Deerfield
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Northbrook
- Northbrook Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Chicago's beautiful North Shore, this recently renovated property features free wireless internet, gourmet coffee, guest laundry, restaurants and fitness centers within walking distance, and convenient access to public transportation to downtown Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Red Roof Inn, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.