LOCATION- So, this property sits right off the expressway and right next a Bally Total Fitness. It's a little off in the deep so keep your eyes open for the big "Red Roof Inn" sign.
PROPERTY- The check in was easy and fast. We were givien a room right next to the front desk. That was perfect considering we were only staying one night. The was ample parking too. The outside of the buidling was a little worn. The front desk area had FREE coffee, a computer for guest use, and attraction, dining, and shopping brochures.
ROOM - The room was nicely updated! Very cool lamps and lighting. Had an old school motel feel, loved it. We had a room with a refridgerator, microwave, safe, and coffee maker. These are NOT standard and you have to pay a little extra for a room like this. The bathroom was tiny, but the shower felt great! Not enough towels and no iron and ironing board in the room. You had to get one from the front desk. Bed was comfortable, needed better pillows.
CHECK OUT - This is where we experienced the problem. So we were using a FREE NIGHT certificate to cover the cost of our room that we received from another manager at the Red Roof Inn in downtown Chicago. The person that checked us out (he seemed like a manager) wasn't aware and I told him that young lady that checked us in took it and put it in our file. He didn't want to look for it until I asked him to! Then once he found it, he questioned it! Reading it over and over, turning in backwards and forwards, and then asked where I got it from! I was appalled! But there was nothing he could do since it was a valid certificate and signed by a supervisor with her card attached. He said "Ok, you're good." Then I asked for a reciept and he said "for what?" REALLY?! And I explained that I like to have reciepts for all my hotel stays. He relunctantly gave me one and we left. Personally, I just think he had an attitude because we didn't have to pay for the room and he wasn't expecting that. OH WELL!
Overall, it was a decent stay...would I go back? Maybe.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel Deerfield
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Northbrook
- Northbrook Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Chicago's beautiful North Shore, this recently renovated property features free wireless internet, gourmet coffee, guest laundry, restaurants and fitness centers within walking distance, and convenient access to public transportation to downtown Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.