“Large, spacious room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Deerfield
Alburtis
“Large, spacious room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were attending a family party there.
There is no one to help you with your luggage & there were very few carts to put our luggage & belongings on.
We finally went to check in & when we got our key we went to our room which was a long walk from the elevator (room 249)
there is a restaurant in the hotel , but in my opinion the prices are high & I think it is probably because of the area.
My husband & I looked on the Internet & found a shopping centre a few blocks away.
There was a dunkin donuts, a great Greek/American restaurant called Cookers red hots.
The food was delicious & not expensive at all
I don't find the staff very helpful or friendly.
I stayed at a motel 6 in Ohio & the staff was very down to earth & very friendly.
I paid a lot less for the room in Ohio.
I feel no matter how much your pay, you should be greeted by a friendly staff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
lleneM_13-

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay... I will make sure to follow-up, so that we can improve on the areas you thought fell short during your time with us... As is always the case, thank you for your business!

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Great property with an even better staff! Wonderful stay! I cannot say enough about how attentive the staff was to my needs. I thought the food was fantastic! We were in town for a week long meeting and I hope we do all of our meetings here from now on.

• Stayed May 2013
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Yolk6754-

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and are glad you enjoyed the property... Please stay with us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I will never stay anywhere else when I come to Chicago's North Shore. This place is great, the people remember me and I absolutely love staying here. More new little touches throughout the hotel again this time.

• Stayed May 2013
101610A, Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Jenquat1-

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We cannot thank you enough for the kind words and look forward to you returning in the future!

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wow! This hotel was fabulous. The rooms are amazing with a separate living area and desk, with comfy furniture, a fridge, coffee pot, and then a separate sleeping area. The hotel lobby was "swanky", very large, lots of sitting area to socialize. The breakfast buffet was like none other that I had ever had at a hotel buffet. The service both at the buffet and the hotel overall was impeccable. We also got an excellent rate for our large group which was a steal for this amazing hotel. If I had to find a negative, it would that they did not have a washer/dryer for guests, but that turned out to be okay as we really did not have time to wash-lol. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
luv2ash-

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel... we appreciate your business and hope you consider us again, should you need to stay in our area sometime in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

As a business traveler, I loved the renovated rooms with a sitting area, rotating TV, and comfortable bed. It was conveniently located right off the highway. Only down side: no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
MNtripmaven-

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! If you are ever back in the area, please stay with us again!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Overall, a very nice stay. The room was nicely divided into a small, pleasant suite. It was very well decorated. Bedding quite nice. I love the white ginger toiletries. Although they had run out of running maps at the front desk, one of the staff members was kindly able to guide me on a decent, sidewalk-based run into Deerfield Center (left on Wilmot, right on Deerfield, about 4+ miles round trip; could also run through local neighborhood quite safely. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: May wish to ask for a room on the opposite side from the highways, as my room had a bit of highway...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
mom2dunksie-

Glad you had an enjoyable stay! We hope you'll return again, should your travels bring you to our area in the near future.

NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had the misfortune of staying here twice within 2 weeks. Unable to cancel the second stay as it was pre-paid. This hotel contracts out to a swimming school. The instructors as well as the families have zero regard for paying guests at the hotel. On one day there were at least 8 children under the age of 5 at the pool. There are 5 table areas and all were taken up by the instructors or families. All over the pool deck were numerous toys as well as various flotation devices. One of the instructors has a PVC pipe money bar that he left in the middle of the pool even when he wasn't using it. My kids went near it and he was sure to tell me kids not to go near it. Well get it the hell out of the pool then, I am a paying guest. Hotels usually notify guests if there are things going on at the hotel that may interfere with there stays. This is one that should have been disclosed. The more days into my stays, the worse it got.
The front office manager was nice enough to convey to me that one guests complaint more or less is irrelevant.
So much for my kids' enjoying their staycation. Money wasted.

Room Tip: if you want to use the pool, look elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Adam Patenaude

Been to Hyatt Deerfield? Share your experiences!