“Convenient location and great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Crest Hill, Illinois
“Convenient location and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family of 5 (kids aged: 4, 2, and 6 mos) stayed at this hotel for my husband's business conference. His employer allows families to travel with the employees for conferences. It's just around the corner from the highway, but here is no highway noise from the rooms. The lobby is very big and open, very beautiful, and gave us a place to stretch out and relax for a while. The room was very clean and the staff quickly brought up a crib for us even though we hadn't reserved one in advance. We had two separate living areas so that I could put the kids in bed and still be awake in the other room without disturbing them too much. The only problem is that the rotating tv is very loud on the backside, so I couldn't watch tv, but it wasn't a problem.

The only issue we had was that the room was VERY dry and we all woke up with sore throats and I lost my voice for 4 days afterwards. I'm not sure if it was the room but I think it at least contributed to the problem.

At breakfast, we were served by a wonderful man, Luis, who was very attentive and friendly. He even remembered what we had drank the day before. I highly recommend him as your server.

The conference room they met in was an intimate setting but large enough to fit 100+ people easily.

We enjoyed our stay here very much and would recommend it to anyone coming to the area for business or family trips.

Room Tip: There's not really a view here, but we enjoyed being on the highway side and looking at all the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
ErinMama3-

I'm glad youe njoyed the hotel... we are glad you stayed with us! Luis is a great employee... He actually won our Employee of the Year award in 2011... I can't say enough good things about him...

Thanks for the business... hope you make it back this way soon!

Adam Patenaude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

When you walk into the lobby of this hotel you feel like you are at a very high end hotel, minus the sting in your wallet aftewards. The lounge area is very modern with simple seating area and a lot of outside lighting. The receptionist was very friendly and very welcoming. There is a small Starbucks located inside the hotel, perfect for that cup of coffee before you hit the road.

The room was great. It felt like a mini suite. There was a mini living room with a desk and sofa. The room was divided by this wooden divider to the bedroom. The tv was in this divider. The cool thing was you could turn the tv to face the sofa area or the bed side.

We ordered late night room service and the food was great, nothing like dinner in bed on a cold winter night.

Loved the indoor pool and hot tub. This is a winter haven.

Overall the experience was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
ibjuarez-

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel! We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with again soon!

Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've stayed here once and I'd do it again. I was very pleased with the speed of check-in. The service was delightful and it felt bigger than it was. I came here to meet some folks in the lobby for a beverage after work and returned as a hotel guest. I was very pleased with the value I received. I've recommended it to family. Free parking, great food - what else to ask for?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Traci W-

We're glad you enjoyed the hotel and can't wait to have you stay with us again in the future! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!!!

Galesburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I found the Hyatt Deerfield to be a wonderful place to stay. Upon check-in the staff were extremely cordial. They thanked me for being a Gold Passport member and assured me that this stay would certainly earn me points and offered extra help with my luggage. The check-in was fast and very efficient.

The room I had was on a floor that was in the process of undergoing the renovations many of the other reviewers have mentioned so there was the ususal "excues our dust" signs." Even still, I never heard a peep out of the rennovators and it really didn't distract from my stay at all.

The room itself was very nice. It was set up basically as a mini suite. The decor in the room was simple and elegant, nice clean layout, and the bed very comfortable. I appreciated the swivel television that swung between the sleeping area and living room area. Ample closet space was available. The only issue I would take with the room was the chair in the living room...it looked a bit old and worn down.

I stayed for three days and everyday the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of keeping everything refreshed and tidy.

The location was great for me. The hotel is tucked away in the outer Chicago Suburbs however there was convienient access to the downtown area via the Metra just a few blocks right down the road. Metra is very inexpensive so I saved bucket loads staying out of the downtown and sinply using the Metra.

The hotel sits in a Corporate area in a very nice neigbhorhood. I always felt very safe and secure.

All in all an outstanding stay and I'll definitely stay here again if returning to the area. Well done Hyatt!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
skating102-

Thank you for the great feedback... we appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience as well as your business!

You'll be happy to hear that our renovation concluded this past April and the hotel looks great! We hope you come see us again soon!

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We expected a lot more. After a long, tiring drive, we had difficulty locating the registration desk in the huge, multi-use lobby. Staff were friendly & helpful, but didn't even glance up upon our return one evening: no greeting (that we can live with) but also poor security! Our king room, while nicely decorated, lacked any end or coffee tables - we used our luggage. Tiny bathroom. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from expressway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your
recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your
expectations.

be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not
disappointed as you were.

with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was pleased with my recent 3 night stay at the Hyatt Deerfield. It was down the road from my corporate headquarters and very convenient. Apparently, according a friend who met me there one night, it recently was renovated and looks much better than it used to. My room was comfortable and quiet. I did a run through the nearby neighborhoods one morning which was nice - sidewalks abound right behind the hotel despite it being in a coporate headquater mecca. My only suggestion is that they add hard boiled eggs to the breakfast bar - which are faster and easier than ordering and waiting for them to be cooked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
SunSeekerMA-

I'm glad youe enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you again soon, when your travels bring you back to the area!

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was our first stay at the Hyatt Deerfield. Upon arrival we had to make a few trips up and down as our room keys weren't right. We had two rooms suited (traveling with family) and only one of the keys worked. The layout of the room was as expected and the 8 person conference table was nice. The cleanliness of the room left a bit to be desired - namely the gross white stains on the chairs... We literally put towels down to sit on. As we had arrived late we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant downstairs. We were one of only 3 tables however there was a large reunion (?) going on in the lobby. We verified as we were seated that it was OK to eat in the ajoining restaurant and our hostess claimed it was. The service was really lacking, we assume based on the reunion. We were all but forgotten about and the noise level wasn't pleasant for dining. The intoxicated reunion goers provided good entertainment though... The food, once it arrived, was actually quite good it just was overshadowed by both the lack of service and the noise. We probably wouldn't stay here again but it served it's purpose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
crazy4pack-

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Adam Patenaude

Been to Hyatt Deerfield? Share your experiences!