“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Deerfield
Kissimmee, Florida
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've stayed here once and I'd do it again. I was very pleased with the speed of check-in. The service was delightful and it felt bigger than it was. I came here to meet some folks in the lobby for a beverage after work and returned as a hotel guest. I was very pleased with the value I received. I've recommended it to family. Free parking, great food - what else to ask for?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Traci W-

We're glad you enjoyed the hotel and can't wait to have you stay with us again in the future! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!!!

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Galesburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I found the Hyatt Deerfield to be a wonderful place to stay. Upon check-in the staff were extremely cordial. They thanked me for being a Gold Passport member and assured me that this stay would certainly earn me points and offered extra help with my luggage. The check-in was fast and very efficient.

The room I had was on a floor that was in the process of undergoing the renovations many of the other reviewers have mentioned so there was the ususal "excues our dust" signs." Even still, I never heard a peep out of the rennovators and it really didn't distract from my stay at all.

The room itself was very nice. It was set up basically as a mini suite. The decor in the room was simple and elegant, nice clean layout, and the bed very comfortable. I appreciated the swivel television that swung between the sleeping area and living room area. Ample closet space was available. The only issue I would take with the room was the chair in the living room...it looked a bit old and worn down.

I stayed for three days and everyday the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of keeping everything refreshed and tidy.

The location was great for me. The hotel is tucked away in the outer Chicago Suburbs however there was convienient access to the downtown area via the Metra just a few blocks right down the road. Metra is very inexpensive so I saved bucket loads staying out of the downtown and sinply using the Metra.

The hotel sits in a Corporate area in a very nice neigbhorhood. I always felt very safe and secure.

All in all an outstanding stay and I'll definitely stay here again if returning to the area. Well done Hyatt!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
skating102-

Thank you for the great feedback... we appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience as well as your business!

You'll be happy to hear that our renovation concluded this past April and the hotel looks great! We hope you come see us again soon!

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We expected a lot more. After a long, tiring drive, we had difficulty locating the registration desk in the huge, multi-use lobby. Staff were friendly & helpful, but didn't even glance up upon our return one evening: no greeting (that we can live with) but also poor security! Our king room, while nicely decorated, lacked any end or coffee tables - we used our luggage. Tiny bathroom. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from expressway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your
recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your
expectations.

be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not
disappointed as you were.

with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was pleased with my recent 3 night stay at the Hyatt Deerfield. It was down the road from my corporate headquarters and very convenient. Apparently, according a friend who met me there one night, it recently was renovated and looks much better than it used to. My room was comfortable and quiet. I did a run through the nearby neighborhoods one morning which was nice - sidewalks abound right behind the hotel despite it being in a coporate headquater mecca. My only suggestion is that they add hard boiled eggs to the breakfast bar - which are faster and easier than ordering and waiting for them to be cooked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
SunSeekerMA-

I'm glad youe enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you again soon, when your travels bring you back to the area!

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was our first stay at the Hyatt Deerfield. Upon arrival we had to make a few trips up and down as our room keys weren't right. We had two rooms suited (traveling with family) and only one of the keys worked. The layout of the room was as expected and the 8 person conference table was nice. The cleanliness of the room left a bit to be desired - namely the gross white stains on the chairs... We literally put towels down to sit on. As we had arrived late we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant downstairs. We were one of only 3 tables however there was a large reunion (?) going on in the lobby. We verified as we were seated that it was OK to eat in the ajoining restaurant and our hostess claimed it was. The service was really lacking, we assume based on the reunion. We were all but forgotten about and the noise level wasn't pleasant for dining. The intoxicated reunion goers provided good entertainment though... The food, once it arrived, was actually quite good it just was overshadowed by both the lack of service and the noise. We probably wouldn't stay here again but it served it's purpose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
crazy4pack-

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Fabulous, attentive staff at this hotel. Each employee I dealt with was polite and caring from check in to my van driver. The food was fine but the service was outstanding! I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Deerfield, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
annghoffman-

It was a please chatting with you the other day via email!!! Thank you again for the positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon...

Antwerpen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hyatt Deerfield

The Hyatt Deerfield is located conveniently close to the O’Hare (ORD) Airport, a number of international businesses and Underwriter Laboratories Test Facility.

If you are looking for a conveniently located hotel to get a good night sleep, than this is a good choice….if, however, you are looking to experience the hustle of the Chicago Nightlife, then stay Downtown!!

The Hotel has a smart Foyer, where, apart from the Reception desk, you can also find a Bar and a Restaurant.

The Check-In was quick and painlessly executed by friendly staff and all important facilities, like Gym and Business Centre, of the hotel where pointed out.

The Room allocated to me was located on the fourth floor and comprised a Living Area with a large Sofa and a comfortable chair. The Large TV was mounted on a swiffel stand, so you could choose to sit in the living room are or lie in your bed to watch it.

The Bed room area contained in this case a large King size bed and the Bathroom a Shower/Bath combination.

The Rate I did choose included WiFi throughout the Hotel and Breakfast, so I was not charged separate for this, but I understand that the Base rate does NOT include Wifi and Breakfast.

All in all was the room tastefully decorated and, whilst a Minibar was missing, a small fridge to keep your purchased drinks cool was provided.

The Bar was staffed with professional and very friendly staff and the restaurant provided much better than expected fare at reasonable prices.

All in all, this Hotel is ideally suited for the business traveler and offers value for money.

I will be staying there again next time I am in the area.

ikke55473-

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel- thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Adam Patenaude

Been to Hyatt Deerfield? Share your experiences!