“Huge Improvement!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Valparaiso, IN
“Huge Improvement!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

After our last stay, one year ago, my wife sent an itemized list of complaints to management...but what a difference a year makes. Everything has been improved, from the functionality and esthetics of the complimentary-breakfast area to the appearance of the rooms to the quietness of the nighttime to the attitude of the staff. Air conditioning is thermostatically controlled, shades are heavy to shut out light, and my insomniac spouse had her best sleep in weeks.At the good and plentiful hot breakfast (made to order omelettes for those willing to stand in line), staff scurried about to keep used tables clean and welcoming for the next guests. New pool rules have been put in place, and apparently are enforced. The former noise and rowdiness in common areas has vanished. Kudos to Embassy Suites Deerfield, which is handy to the Illinois Tollway and has driven itself to a higher plateau of performance.

Room Tip: Can't beat the 7th floor for quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been staying here for over 15 years when I travel to company HQ. There are three suite hotels in the area, and I have stayed at all three. I prefer the Embassy suites because the rooms are larger and because of the free morning breakfasts daily and evening cocktail receptions during the week. I am always recognized as a returning guest and my preferences for room location, etc. are always followed to a T. They recently expanded and upgraded their breakfast area and I am very pleased with the results.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side can pick up some of the road noise from the nearby interstate. Those on the...
Green Features: They change sheets every three days, which is just fine with me.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I admit that Embassy Suites hotels are my favorite hotel brand, but this one has consistently exceeded my expectations over the past 15 years that I have been traveling to this area. Yes, it is convenient to my company HQ, but there are other suite hotels close by to choose from and I have tried them all. This is the best in the area. Their new breakfast area completed this Spring is especially nice.

austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

As advertised, spacious room, complimentary breakfast, overall great stay. I've always enjoyed Embassy Suites, and this hotel did not disappoint. I would recommend this hotel, and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Moving from one home to anoter, we sought a comfoortable and convenient hotel for three nights. Essentially, expected to just "crash" after tiring days. We knew of the hotel and decided to try it -- speciousness was key factor, but complimentary food and beverage were also considerations. There were certainly cheaper (and pricer) options in the area, but this was an overall satisfying experience. The on-site bar and restaurant were surprisingly better than expected. The staff throughout was pleasant and helpful. Oh, yest, the Speakman shower head did make a difference after we returned to the room weary, hot and dusty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Northbrook, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had a room with terrible smell..smoke or something and they didn't resolve until 2 days later..offered nothing to compensate. We tried to work with the staff and management but they were unresponsive. I don't understand how a company so focused on service can let something like this happen. When I checked out they asked if everything was okay and I again told them the story and again they offered nothing to compensate me for the poor experience. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Andrew B,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience. I assure that this is very rare to happen and I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Brad

Brad Harvey
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business travel and I would recommend this hotel to my co-workers. The rooms were very clean, the staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, and the breakfast buffet (included in your stay) was both satisfying and well-stocked. If I travel to this area again for work, I'll be back to stay here.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the less noise you get in the evenings from the bar that's in the center...
Green Features: Very happy to see the practices! I would like to hear more about your recycling and/or composting efforts as well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!