“Super nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wimille, France
“Super nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on business, the hotel is fine, and convenient for business travel, however the staff at reception, and restaurant could not be friendlier and more accomodating. You do not always find a hotel where they actualy make you feel welcome to be there, so I really enjoyed the experience. They also have a shuttle service that takes you from the hotel to nearby shopping centers and restaurants when you want to, and free of charge. I will stay there again if I am in Deerfield for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mlfurst,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the friendliness of the staff at the hotel. I was so glad to hear that you were made to feel very welcome and comfortable and that you will return to the hotel the next time you visit Chicago.

I will pass on your comments to the evening reception and restaurant team regarding their hospitality.

All the best,

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
COLUMBUS OHIO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well finding the hotel is a trip. Really.
Locate the address with your GPS and it takes you to a free-standing sign on Lake Cook Rd, surrounded by office buildings (no i wouldn't make this up)...and if you ask any living soul you can find where the hotel is they just point you to the Hyatt up the street. If this hadn't been a prepaid reservation - they'd have lost me too. I wonder how much profit this Hotel makes from selling rooms that nobody uses because the guests gave up and went elsewhere? When i finally located the joint (if you persist in your hunt, it's behind two buildings, south in the same office park) I commented to the ladies at check in......................which they seemed to find amusing 'here's another one' kind of attitude.
Well [--]!
If i could've gotten a refund and taken my business elsewhere at that point i'd have done it in a heartbeat.
BUT priceline is non refundable.
Room was cold, the heating never worked, no matter what i did, and being on the ground floor it was noisy. It was noisy next to the corridor, it was noisy (road noise from the freeway) in the bedroom.
Breakfast was an exercise in 'we don't have that' glad it was free.
WiFi was good, surprisingly.
I've stayed in MUCH better Red Roof Inns.
Which is where I went after I checked out.
Seriously - I've NEVER stayed at an Embassy Suites I didn't like. Until this one.
There is a Hyatt up the street closer to the interchange. That gets a much better rating from yours truly. This one is cheaper on expedia and priceline. Go figure & good Luck!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Butlinz,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. It seems from your comments that not finding the hotel was not a good way to start your stay and I sincerely apologize. We are located behind the Walgreen buildings and our sign is on Lake Cook Road and I agree that you can easily see us from the highway but can be challenging for some to find our location from Lake Cook Road.

We will also address the other items you mentioned as I would never want anyone else to feel this way about their visit. I certainly would like to make this up to you in some way and please contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I was on a buying trip and it was recommended. Needed to get transportation from the airport but that was okay. Hotel isn't easy to find and there is nothing around it but other office type buildings. The continental breakfast and manager's reception were good. Ate in the restaurant one night and had extremely slow service and they weren't that busy. Had the same experience the last time I stayed. Room was comfortable. Hair dryer didn't work. Staff were nice and willing to assist if I needed anything. There were three of us in the room and I had the sofa sleeper - would not recommend if you have to stay more than a couple of nights.

Dear TCBurns_5,

Thank you for staying at the hotel during your recent buying trip to Chicago. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and also have passed on your comments to further refine our service.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and evening reception and my hope is that you will return in the future.

Best regards,

General manager
Deerflield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

As always, the freshly cooked breakfast and good in Hotel food keeps me coming back to embassy suites. This specific hotel had a little dated TVs, but even to complain about that is being picky. I'd go back any time.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear TomR,

Thank you for your very gracious comments regarding your visit. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay for your extended visit in Deerfield. Thank you also for providing the feedback for other travelers about the hotel.

My hope is that you will return and please let me know if I may assist you in any way in the future.

Best regards,

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I travel for business and have stayed at many hotels. I was at this Embassy Suites location for the past 30 days and I have to say that it was one of the best hotel experiences that I have had in my many years of traveling. The front desk staff, especially Caroline, were very friendly and accomodating. Cleanliness overall in the hotel was very good. They just completed a remodel and it looks great. One of the most impressive parts of my visit was to see how engaged and visable Brad, the General Manager, was to the guests and staff. Each time I saw him, he was smiling, setting the tone for the staff. Thank you for making my extended stay an enjoyable experience. I would highly reccomend this property to anyone and will stay here again without a doubt in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello Tom -

The pleasure was truly ours to host you during your extended visit. I thank you for recognizing Caroline at the front desk for her outstanding service. I am also humbled by your comments and I am fortunate to have a team that supports our efforts to take care of the guest in any way possible.

My hope is that you will come back soon.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is a little difficult to find, but is open, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast and manager's reception are well-presented, and the meals in the restaurant are good. The rooms are quiet; I was in a room right across from the elevator and didn't hear a thing. One of the things I like about Embassy Suites is the separate bedroom behind the living room which forms an excellent sound buffer.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our guests do comment often that they enjoy having the bedroom separate from the parlor area as well. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal in Cadwell's Grille.

Regards,

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice Embassy Suites. Clean with new atrium decor. ES are one on my favorites. I rate a 3 because of wi-fi coverage. Ok in living room but nothing in bedroom. Continually kicked me off requiring reconnect when it was available. Very annoying to not have access in bedroom of suite. Lobby store lacking in choices. Breakfast good. Afternoon special cocktail was best part of day...excellent. Prompt room service appreciated.

Dear Sggypsy,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback regarding your visit. I sincerely apologize for the challenge with WiFi in the bedroom of your suite. I am grateful that we were able to connect so that we can address the challenge in the suite you stayed.

I do look forward to your return and I will personally check to make certain the room assigned has good signal in the bedroom.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I may do to make your upcoming visit more enjoyable.

Warm regards,

Brad Harvey

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!