“Not a bad stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Not a bad stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is undergoing renovations so expect it to be noisy at times. But the finished rooms are pretty comfortable with upgraded bathrooms. The bed itself is very embassy so not to expect it to be anything like the W. The elevator facing rooms can be pretty noisy and whilst the bedroom is seperated by a living area, if you prefer a totally quiet suite, then choose one away from the "foot" traffic.

Breakfast is included which is pretty nice as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear thehappyface,

Thank you for taking the time to let readers know about your experience. I am elated to report that the renovation is complete and the hotel is much quieter and peaceful.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and my hope is that you will return.

Warm regards,

Brad Harvey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
westville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We wanted to stay there for the vegetation and koi pond. Not there anymore. Practically the whole first floor under construction, even courtyard. You have to go to the second floor, down 1 set of stairs to get to the pool. My husband walked in the room and took off his shoes and stepped on a nasty chicken bone. I had to hold the handle to flush the toilet. There was pubic hair in the sink in the bathroom. The duvet had white spots on it that I didn't want to know what it was. I tossed it on the floor with my shoe. Lots of loud teenagers all over the hotel being loud till the wee hours of the morning. And how the hotel is setup, the loudness echoed throughout.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear JimmyandSara T,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing feedback regarding your visit. First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am so sorry for the construction issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As you could tell, we are currently undergoing renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences.

In addition, I apologize for the condition of your room. This should not have happened and I have followed up with our housekeeping staff to correct these issues.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize for your experience and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Please contact me at the hotel if there is anything else I may do to assist either now or in the future.

Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Reception area remodel was not completed by the date the website said it would be, but the rooms were very nice and clean as normal for this hotel. The hotel staff did try to make the managers reception work as well as they could.

Dear Jeffrey A,

Thank you for your feedback and also for your business. We did update the verbiage on the website to make it a little clearer regarding the renovation and thank you for the information.

Please visit us again. We are now using the atrium for the breakfast and evening reception and we are so glad to almost be completed with the renovation.

Best regards,

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Rooms have been renovated with new furnishings, dark wood accents, and lots of electric outlets for all the devices travelers carry. The bathrooms even got an update. Even the atrium railings sported an updated glass look. The central courtyard was still under construction, but the faux ponds and streams were gone. The breakfast was the standard Embassy fare. I hope they complete the baths by adding a night light and putting ADA approved height low flush toilets. I'd go back if I was in the area.

Dear CC_FL_Road_Warrior,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and my hope is that you will visit again in the future.

We are completing some upgrades to our rooms and I hope you will like the changes upon your return.

Warm regards,

St. Paul, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

During a remodeling when the atrium was covered in a giant tarp. After checking in late at night, my thermostat was stuck at 84 degrees - so I turned it off. And it became really, really, really cold the next morning.

A pet peeve for any hotel chain that chooses to only feature Pepsi - grr! The good ones have some of both.

Will probably be just fine when remodeling is done, but why sell rooms if you're in a state of disrepair?

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Latte4me,

Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely appreciate the feedback regarding your visit. I do apologize for the renovation and construction that you encountered and I am disappointed that it adversely affected your visit.

My hope is that you will return and I offer my personal assistance for reservations in the future. We will be finished with the renovation by mid-March and the new look has really transformed the property.

Please let me know if there is anything that I may assist with either now or in the future.

Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I’ve stayed here a couple of times when visiting the Deerfield area, although not since they apparently have done some renovations. Perhaps those will improve the ambiance. I found the atrium, with all rooms opening onto the central space, noisy and a bit run-down. On the other hand, the rooms are comfortable and quiet, with the separate living room buffering noise from the atrium itself. Staff were helpful and friendly. Convenient location if you are in that part of the North Shore.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Springfield, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is undergoing a major remodeling which I'm sure will make this hotel even better. The breakfast and managers reception was nice. The room was very nice, but certainly will benefit with new furniture. What I didn't appreciate is being charged for wi-fi. Why is it the lower price motels give away wi-fi for nothing, bit the moe expensive ones, charge for it. I just don't understand the logic. I would certainly think twice about this if I choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scubaden,

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your visit to the Embassy Suites Chicago North Shore\Deerfield.

We are very excited about the positive changes with the renovation and we will be finished by the middle part of March 2013. We are also considering our WiFi service. We have invested a significant amount of capital to upgrade our system to keep up with the significant increase in demand due to guests have multiple devices as well as streaming media.

My hope is that you will return and please let me know if I may assist in any way.

Best regards,

Brad Harvey

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!