“North Shore Embassy” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Layton, Utah
“North Shore Embassy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Reception area remodel was not completed by the date the website said it would be, but the rooms were very nice and clean as normal for this hotel. The hotel staff did try to make the managers reception work as well as they could.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Jeffrey A,

Thank you for your feedback and also for your business. We did update the verbiage on the website to make it a little clearer regarding the renovation and thank you for the information.

Please visit us again. We are now using the atrium for the breakfast and evening reception and we are so glad to almost be completed with the renovation.

Best regards,

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Rooms have been renovated with new furnishings, dark wood accents, and lots of electric outlets for all the devices travelers carry. The bathrooms even got an update. Even the atrium railings sported an updated glass look. The central courtyard was still under construction, but the faux ponds and streams were gone. The breakfast was the standard Embassy fare. I hope they complete the baths by adding a night light and putting ADA approved height low flush toilets. I'd go back if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear CC_FL_Road_Warrior,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and my hope is that you will visit again in the future.

We are completing some upgrades to our rooms and I hope you will like the changes upon your return.

Warm regards,

St. Paul, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

During a remodeling when the atrium was covered in a giant tarp. After checking in late at night, my thermostat was stuck at 84 degrees - so I turned it off. And it became really, really, really cold the next morning.

A pet peeve for any hotel chain that chooses to only feature Pepsi - grr! The good ones have some of both.

Will probably be just fine when remodeling is done, but why sell rooms if you're in a state of disrepair?

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Latte4me,

Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely appreciate the feedback regarding your visit. I do apologize for the renovation and construction that you encountered and I am disappointed that it adversely affected your visit.

My hope is that you will return and I offer my personal assistance for reservations in the future. We will be finished with the renovation by mid-March and the new look has really transformed the property.

Please let me know if there is anything that I may assist with either now or in the future.

Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I’ve stayed here a couple of times when visiting the Deerfield area, although not since they apparently have done some renovations. Perhaps those will improve the ambiance. I found the atrium, with all rooms opening onto the central space, noisy and a bit run-down. On the other hand, the rooms are comfortable and quiet, with the separate living room buffering noise from the atrium itself. Staff were helpful and friendly. Convenient location if you are in that part of the North Shore.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is undergoing a major remodeling which I'm sure will make this hotel even better. The breakfast and managers reception was nice. The room was very nice, but certainly will benefit with new furniture. What I didn't appreciate is being charged for wi-fi. Why is it the lower price motels give away wi-fi for nothing, bit the moe expensive ones, charge for it. I just don't understand the logic. I would certainly think twice about this if I choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scubaden,

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your visit to the Embassy Suites Chicago North Shore\Deerfield.

We are very excited about the positive changes with the renovation and we will be finished by the middle part of March 2013. We are also considering our WiFi service. We have invested a significant amount of capital to upgrade our system to keep up with the significant increase in demand due to guests have multiple devices as well as streaming media.

My hope is that you will return and please let me know if I may assist in any way.

Best regards,

Mahopac, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Except for the lack of complimentary wifi, it was perfect. It's good that the hotel has the wifi ability, but I believe it should be part of the room charge. The service, room, breakfast could not in any way be improved upon. Except for noticing the work and the workers, you were not aware in any way that there was still renovation in progress.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Rsegal88,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent visit to the Embassy Suites. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

My hope is that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

All the best,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was worried about staying at property that had an anticipated renovation completion date the day before we arrived. . .yes, the first-floor restrooms were not ready, but the staff made me quickly forget any blips.

Embassy/Homewood Suites is my go-to, first destination choice--business or pleasure. So much more for the $$$.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gulffan_12,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit. I am so glad to hear that the team provided excellent service and that you enjoyed your stay.

My hope is that you will visit again in the near future to see the finished product. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

Brad Harvey

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!