“Great if you're looking to get in shape” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Austin, Texas
“Great if you're looking to get in shape”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Can't remember the last time I stayed in a multi-level hotel without an elevator. Maybe it was in the 80's at a Motel 6. At check in the staff was pleasant, showed me where my room was located but made no mention of the "stairs-only" setup. I've stayed at many Courtyards with a center courtyard surrounded by he rooms like this one. Most have elevator(s) about halfway down the hallways. Expecting this, I walked about 150ft down and back before heading back to the front desk where the woman working the desk said, "We don't have an elevator. Would you like us to get someone to help you with your bags sweetie?" Sweetie? Feeling about 85 years old, I mumbled to myself, picked up my false teeth off the floor, grabbed by cane, and shuffled off to the stairs.

They had a note somewhere about the $1mm renovation just completed on the bistro and lobby. It looks nice and the staff is pleasant. Best thing about this hotel though is the proximity to Walgreens HQ if that's important to you (less than a mile) and the cheap price.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
rxman502001,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Deerfield Marriott Couryard. I appreciate your kind feedback of the staff and the proximity to Walgreens. The Deerfield Marriott Courtyard has just been honored with Platinum status for one of the top 4 healthiest hotels in the system, so thank you for mentioning that it is a great place to stay if you want to get in shape! . Please let me know when you will be staying with us again. Also, I will use your feedback for future training with my associates.
Thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Marriott Courtyard - Deerfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

Very happy with the hotel from great staff attitude through to good breakfast options, fast free wifi and a nicely laid out hotel. Quiet enough for a light sleeper it was a good call for early morning meetings nearby. Would recommend and will use again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, December 12, 2014
SteveMXP,
Thank you for your positive review on the hotel's staff, breakfast and fast WiFi! I'm so glad that you found everything necessary to make your stay with us a good one and that the you found the hotel to be nice and quiet, even for a light sleeper such as yourself.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Deerfield Marriott Courtyard
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

My wife, daughter and I were staying for 9 days, but my daughter and I had to leave after 5. After my daughter and I left, the front desk checked my wife out of the hotel even though we repeatedly told them she was staying. They wouldn't even admit they made an error.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
David H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to Deerfield. We certainly appreciate your feedback and will keep your suggestions in mind as we look for ways to better serve our guests. Please accept my apologies for any frustrations that were experienced.
Mary Metcalf

Travelers are raving about these Deerfield hotels

Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Clean and silence room. Very kind and helpful staff. Shuttle service is very useful and nice. Very closed to train station.

Breakfast types are very simple. No more restaurant alternatives around hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
KARATASIstanbul,
Thank you for taking the time to add your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, the helpful staff and I'm thrilled that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service and the close location to the train station.
We hope you are able to come back and enjoy our classic business hotel.
Thanks again,
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

The hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable and the services are good. There is no onsite restaurant but a small deli where they serve small sandwiches. The breakfast are microwaved. If you want to stay in for dinner, you have to get take out or delivery.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
WillKu2014,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review regarding our hotel cleanliness, comfortable rooms, and great service. I'm sorry that you were not aware that we have a full service restaurant that is open for breakfast and for dinner, complete with a full service bar. I hope that next time you stay with us you will have the opportunity to enjoy all the full service restaurant amenities that our Bistro offers.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will be our guest again in the new future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

I was very impressed with the service at this Marriott Courtyard. I have stayed at many Marriotts, but the service and accommodation at this hotel was outstanding. Staff made guests feel comfortable and were very attentive. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
Callie C,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review about the outstanding service and accommodations while you were a guest at the Deerfield Courtyard by Marriott. We value your business and are thrilled that our staff made you feel comfortable.
Thank you and we look forward to your return to our hotel in the future.
Deerfield Marriott Courtyard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I spent one week their, the hotel is nice, clean, with free parking place, the staff is helpful, they have like star-buck cafe with extended menu, so you can have breakfast, quick lunch, or quick dinner, the rooms are clean, and new, i had a suite with two two rooms, they have microwave, and small refrigerator.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
jkheir,
Thank you for sharing your experience and positive review on tripadvisor. I'm thrilled that you were able to experience one of our spacious suites during your stay. Please note that all rooms have a refrigerator and microwaves are available upon request at no charge. I'm also thrilled that you were able to experience our Bistro during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Deerfield Courtyard by Marriott

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield? Share your experiences!