“Remodel well done!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Woodland, WA
“Remodel well done!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights on the corporate rate for business. I was pleasantly surprised by the updating done since my last visit. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and modern, the pool was vacant but looked inviting. The wifi was free for limited use. I could not FaceTime with my family without paying the daily fee, which was around $7. I like the love seat couch with pull out table and the desk expands. They serve Starbucks and the commons spaces have booths with private TVs, or down a few steps to seating with a view of the courtyard and fireplace. Great value compared with some of the aging properties nearby. The location is close to our office and I felt safe there. There are only stairs to the second floor, but they offered to help with luggage.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, 4 days ago
tlcjunk,

Thank you for your positive review! We are thrilled that you found everything you needed while a guest with us in Deerfield. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Mary Metcalf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

good hotel with very friendly staffs - always helpful. I would stay this hotel again.

Pros: Clean, spacious room
friendly staffs with hospitality
~10min walk to train station that goes to Chicago city if you do not have a car
10-15 min walk to supermarket

Cons: No change of bed sheets
> Hotel policy said the bed linen would be changed every 3rd day of stay, but it got never changed during my stay of 7 nights. I guess you need to request to change.
Bill check required
> there was wrong charges to my bills, so please check carefully before you leave

Having said Cons, the hotel was still worth to stay at, so I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Mary M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
miim385,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Deerfield. We certainly appreciate your feedback and will keep your suggestions in mind as we look for ways to enhance our service.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Thank you for choosing Marriott!
East Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed twice within two weeks at start and end of a touring vacation. Easily reached from public transport (essential for us) and only 40 minute rail trip into centre of Chicago from nearby station made it an ideal and cost effective location.

Room and facilities excellent and very well presented. Staff helpful and hotel amended a booking to meet revised plans, even though they were not obliged to.

The lobby cafe bar provided excellent breakfast choice at reasonable rates, and we really could not have wished for better.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
BBCEM2DAY,
Thank you for your positive review! We are thrilled that you found our hotel to be accomodating with all your needs. We hope you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Thank you for choosing Marriott!
All the best,
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for 2 days. It was not my first choice, but everything was booked and we had no choice. Hotel was OK, pleasant staff and front desk. I was given a room on the first floor that was an "accessible room", complete with a door bell, however door bell did not work but when you flushed the toilet the door bell would ring!! Honestly, that is the truth!! I brought my colleague into my room to show her and she was shocked. Must admit we had a few good laughs over this one! Room was spacious and clean, but clothes closet was made for someone who needed an accessible clothes closet. For me, I just had to lift my dressess off the floor of the closet. Coffee maker did not work. Also, I think the idea of keeping the coffee machine and supplies in the bathroom is gross and not exactly hygenic by any means. This should be re-thought. I moved the coffee maker immediately into the living area, though ultimately, it did not work. Windows opened which is a great bonus for me when staying in a hotel. I like to get some fresh air. We ate breakfast one morning in the hotel bistro and it was just OK. Hotel looks a little run down from the outside especially with a closed and abandoned restaurant property beside the hotel. The grass is over grown and the drive way into the hotel needs re-paving. The hotel itself is clean and for the most part updated. It is well located and was just a mile from our meeting. I do believe the hotel should have elevators. Though I was on the first floor, my colleague was on the second floor and had to schlep her luggage up and down the stairs. All in all an OK stay, I would stay here again, only if I was unable to get another hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
jaysee2011,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the unique situation while a guest at the Courtyard by Marriott Deerfield. At your convenience, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you directly. Thank you for your valuable feedback and thank you for choosing Marriott.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Was here for business. The rooms are clean, nice and quiet. The young lady at the front desk wasn't the friendliest, that has been my only downside to my stay. Bistro food was good for what it is, wine, beer and liquor costs were too much. $13 for a mixed drink!? I think not! Not too many food options to walk to, if you rented a car to get around the burbs out here you should be good. About 20-30 minutes to O'hare.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Blancaycoco,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Deerfield. Please accept my apologies that our front desk staff wasn't to the level of friendliness that you have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. We appreciate all your feedback and will keep your suggestions in mind as we look for ways to enhance our service.
Respectfully,
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Lovely rooms, a nice pool, fresh lemon water on arrival, a convenience store, restaurant and laundry all available. The rooms are modern and very big and the staff are helpful. The train to Chicago is only a 5 minute walk away and takes 30 minutes. Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brynn C,
Thank you for your wonderful comments on tripadvisor. We are thrilled to know that you found all your necessities covered during your trip to Deerfield. If you return to the Deerfield Courtyard by Marriott, please know that we are happy to shuttle you to the train station as needed for added convenience. Thanks again for staying with us!
Courtyard by Marriott Deerfield IL
Princeville, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable and the pool area had plenty of places to sit the staff was nice and helpful, however when you have two children under three and there is not elevator that get s old going up and down the steps. The room was nice would of been nice if it had a microwave. For the money its a good deal. The place has a nice office area a well taken care off garden patio area and a descent workout facility.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on the first floor unless you want to take the stairs a lot.