“I recommend this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Decatur

You added Ramada Limited Decatur to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Decatur
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   355 East Hickory Point Road, I-72 Exit 141B, Decatur, IL 62526   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Decatur
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I recommend this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We've stayed in many Ramada's over the last few months and I found this to be one of the best ones. The room was ready for us to check in as soon as we arrived. Although our room was smoking (because the non-smoking rooms were booked), there was no lingering odor or film that I've found in other hotels. If it were not for the ashtray's we probably would not have even known that it was a smoking room. I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful. We were traveling with a sports team of teenagers and the staff (Dawn in particular) were helpful in locating activities for the group as well as assisting with laundry for the whole team. If we go back to Decatur, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayedd here on a Tuesday night when we drove later than expected, so it was late when we looked for a place to stay. While the bed was confortable and the sheets were clean, overall, this is a run-down, tired hotel desperately in need of remodeling.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed there while attending a softball tournament. Found the hotel clean and the staff very accommodating. It was very quiet and conveniently located near the Hickory Point Mall and many good restaurants. The girls had a good time in the pool and parents felt free letting the girls socialize. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Champaign, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I was bitten up by fleas. Not clean wallpaper falling off.

Room Tip: dog friendly but not treated
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We rarely travel to small towns and stayed in Decatur due to a concert in the nearby town. Knowing that it is a 2-star hotel, we did not set our expectation high. However, the hotel projects a run-down feeling with its covered "cashier window (those small windows that greets late-night visitors) and dimly lit lobby. The frontdesk was to the best indifferent. Most of all, the corner of bathroom ceiling was covered by black mold (Rm #222 to be exactly if the owner wishes to fix it.) We certainly would not recommend. (We got it through Priceline so at least we did not pay much for it.)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed here two nights while in Decatur for a class reunion. I found the hotel to be quite clean and extremely quiet. The room had a large size dorm refrigerator with a small freezer unit which we used to refriegerate a case of sodas for a picnic the next day. The sinks are outside of the bathroom, which I consider a plus when traveling with others. Beds were comfortable with plenty of comfortable pillows as well. I found the breakfast buffet to be quite adequate with a nice selection of cereals, breads and a hot waffle maker. Coffee, milk and two types of juice available. I would definitely recommend staying here to others.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I had to travel to Decatur and needed an over night stay, unfortunately we only had two nights notice. I called around all the hotels, scoured the internet and could not find any other rooms available only at this hotel. This is not the hotel I would have chosen had I any other option, but sometimes needs must... On arrival the hotel looked recently painted from the outside and I really thought things were going to be good! The moment you push open that door to reception a horrid smell just hits you. To this day I am not even sure what it was, may be something to do with the small swimming pool just off reception, all I can tell you was it was not a clean and pleasing smell! Reception staff were average, nothing over friendly and welcome but then not rude either. The whole decor of the hotel just felt so unkept and in dire need of a face lift. The small bedroom was exactly the same, the decor was like something out of the 80's. The rooms just felt dark, unkept and had a musty smell. The bed was so uncomfortable and we had to try and sleep without the use of the noisy air conditioning. Breakfast the next day was taken in a similar decorated room, felt like a cheap canteen. This really has to have been the worst hotel breakfast ever. No hot selection, just do-nuts, Bread, Muffins, cereals and yogurt. I settled for a yogurt until I realized it was 1 week past its sell by date! The positives were free internet, free parking and plenty of chain restaurants and shops near to the hotel. I will certainly not stay at this hotel again, and given that this is my first stay at a Ramada can honestly say I am in rush to try out another of their hotels! It now explains why every other hotel was booked and this had 11 empty rooms available...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Limited Decatur? Share your experiences!