“For a Conference” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Decatur Conference Center and Hotel

You added Decatur Conference Center and Hotel to your Saves list
Decatur Conference Center and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4191 US 36 West (Wyckles Rd.), Decatur, IL 62522 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select)   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Decatur
Macomb, Illinois
“For a Conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I only stay here because it's where the annual conference is held. I don't care much for this hotel. The lobby is beautiful. Seems like they tend to dress it up on a regular basis, and do nothing to the rooms. My room was a basic and DATED Holiday Inn (DCCH used to be a HI). Very clean though so kudos to the housekeeping staff. I found it ironic that I had to sign to promise not to smoke in my room, but the hallway and room reeked of stale smoke. Even smokers on that floor complained about it. The rooms are far away from the center of the hotel. Absolutely would not recommend to families who travel. Breakfast buffet is good, as is the Sports Bar.

Room Tip: I heard the business class rooms are nice.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I spent the weekend at this hotel while at a conference and was very happy. The building and rooms were very nice. The breakfast buffet was excellent and a good deal, and the sports bar was great at night.

The highlight was Allie at the front desk. She was the first and last person I interacted with during my stay and she could have been more welcoming, charming, helpful or professional. She is doing a great job for the hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Pros: Near Millikin University, remodeled room or as front desk clerk called it "fully refreshed room" was nice and very clean. I'm not sure what a "non refreshed room" would be like so ask for the fully remodeled room. Breakfast buffet was good. Free WiFi that worked well. Very quiet but hotel seemed nearly empty.
Cons: Pricier than surrounding hotels, breakfast not included and buffet was similar to others that are included in hotel price. Wait staff for breakfast buffet not very attentive. Two servers sat at a table reading papers while I was in desperate need of water. There was no pitcher of water or self serve drink source available.
Overall it was not a "bad" stay but not worth the price either. Next time we will opt for a less expensive hotel that includes breakfast. We spoke with other parents in town for college visit that weekend and there are other affordable hotels for this.

Room Tip: Request a "fully refreshed" (remodeled) room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

Will never go back, way to many people in the pool without the bracelets seemed like a party it was so loud. Went to the front desk to complain, nothing really happened, had a woman argue with me I didn't know. The front desk didn't handle it well at all they asked them to leave but later they were back and we were told they could stay since they were doing nothing wrong even though they weren't staying there.the food was horrible not worth the money will not be back

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Donna W, General Manager at Decatur Conference Center and Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Hello Jameec-thank you for your review. Our security staff was able to confirm that all guests in the pool were registered guests of the hotel. Thank you for bringing to our attention their lack of bracelets. We are always available to assist when needed. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

We picked this place since they showed a large lobby, pool, hot tub, and exercise room on line. What we landed up with was tons of kids everywhere and out of control. Parents were there for bowling banquets, weddings, and more. The parents were drinking and nobody was watching their children's behavior. There was easily a hundred children in the pool areas and they were all over the exercise equipment too. When we complained the next morning even the food manager who was in charge for the weekend said he didn't get to bed until 3:am. There was no compensation offered since he wasn't the regular manager.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

Very nice motel..Clean, spacious rooms..our room had microwave and fridge and large TV.. They are upgrading some of the rooms, so not sure if ours had been re done or not..But it was a nice room!! There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby. I didn't check the pool out, but did hear from some of our friends that were staying there that it was a nice pool. .Plenty of conference rooms and large areas for group gatherings

Room Tip: Non Smoking hotel,
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Donna W, General Manager at Decatur Conference Center and Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2015
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. It is our goal to provide a great experience for our guests. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. It sounds like you were in one of our newly remodeled rooms. We will continue to remodel sections of the hotel through the year and hope you will return to see our progress.

Warm regards,

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

My group has been using the conference center for many years now and we keep coming back. We receive great service at a good price. Every time I come in I'm greeted warmly and the staff know what I like. I plan meetings all over the state and it's great to see the same faces when you come back and not have someone new all the time. It's nice to see Mike when checking in, he is always so friendly. He started as my sales manager and moved up but he is always willing to do whatever you need. Then I can't praise the Danielle and her team that make sure all of our meetings are perfect. They all work hard but are always there for you. When you plan meetings you see more than the regular traveler and I can tell you the Decatur Conference Center is a great place to do business.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. We're always so happy to see your group return. It is our pleasure to be of service. I will forward your kind words to Mike and Danielle. They work hard to make great things happen at this hotel. Thank you for your business.

Warm regards,

Donna Wickersham

Been to Decatur Conference Center and Hotel? Share your experiences!