“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Decatur Conference Center and Hotel

You added Decatur Conference Center and Hotel to your Saves list
Decatur Conference Center and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4191 US 36 West (Wyckles Rd.), Decatur, IL 62522 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select)   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Decatur
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2004

After more than one positive experience with this hotel, I'm glad I discovered Trip Advisor so I could share them with others who are thinking of using the Holiday. I have attended different functions here, and have always been pleased with the way the staff is attentive to my needs. I live but a few miles away, so I haven't stayed in a room but relatives have as well as friends, so I've seen the rooms. I think they're very nice, and a good price considering the hotel's amenities.
The restaurants are inviting and the food is wonderful, too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2003

I have friends and relatives in the Springfield Illinois area and visit a few times each year. I gave up on most Holiday Inns several years ago when quality began to decline. This hotel was recommended to me by an aunt, and I decided to take a chance since I didn't think she'd send me to a bad hotel. All I can say is I wish I'd known about the Holiday Inn Select before. I knew it was there, but stepping inside the beautiful lobby, I was very surprised. After a friendly check-in, I called my relatives to visit with me a while. The sports bar was great. I spent way too much money on video games! The service was great. I didn't have to tell the bartender a second time what I was drinking. My room was perfect. Breakfast was tasty and the ladies who waited on me were lovely. This will be my first choice of hotels when I come back to Illinois. I hope Holiday Inns are all getting to be like this one. It impressed me enough to give that chain another try.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2003

As a part of a cross country trip this summer, I chose the Holiday Inn as a stopping point between Kansas City, MO and Indianapolis, IN. There have been Holiday Inns that I've been pleased with and there are those that aren't so wonderful. I was far more than satisfied with my stay in Decatur, and this hotel and its staff were the reasons. There was plenty of parking close to entrances (this is a huge hotel and there are more than one entrance).

I liked the friendly staff. Each person I passed with a uniform or Holiday Inn tag greeted me. They smiled, asked me how I was doing, asked if my stay was going well, and the housekeeper told me to try the Greenhouse Restaurant (there are several food outlets in the hotel, too). I had a burger, although I had my choice of many different kinds of food, and it was one of the tastiest I've had in a long time. The salad was large, fresh, and flavorful.

I was waited on by a young lady who quickly met any requests I had. Her manager was a sweetheart, too, and made me and other guests in the restaurant feel welcome.

Originally, I had reservations at another brand of hotel in Indianapolis but I changed it during the evening to a Holiday Inn Select, too. While the Indianapolis location was nice, my stay in Decatur was tops. I would highly recommend this friendly, huge hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2003

When my son graduated from Millikin University, my family stayed at the Holiday Inn Select. I have to say that I was blown away to have such quality for the price I paid. I have seriously paid twice the amount of money elsewhere on various trips and not had the space, the service, great food, and convenient location that the Holiday Inn gave me. As a treat, we took my son to the JR Steak House. I should say right now that this is not the first time we've eaten there. In February of this year (2003) we stayed at a Springfield Hilton but ate at the Holiday Inn with my son. My February visit was quite different, with the food only being mediocre and the service not much better. Some obvious positive changes have taken place, because this visit was incredible.
The ladies and gentlemen who served us were so warm and attentive.
There was a delightful manager (I suspect she was from the UK) who greeted us, also, and made sure each table was taken care of. My immediate impression was that she had been professionally trained in some hotelier/restaurauteur school in Europe. The food quality is also improved from my last visit. Our room was big! It had a separate bedroom and a comfortable sitting area with TV which adjoined a kitchenette of sorts, with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and storage cabinets. There was another family we spoke with at dinner who were also in the area for graduation. Their impression of the Holiday Inn was similar to ours. If we are traveling through central Illinois again, I would make it a point to stay at this hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2003

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select three times during the months of late April and early May, 2003. I was impressed by the appearance and size of the hotel from the moment I passed by it on the highway. I was greeted warmly by a young lady who quickly provided me with my room key and suggestions for an evening meal. I took her suggestion and ate at the steakhouse located in the hotel. It was outstanding. It wasn't crowded, but it should be! I frankly feel this hotel is not your "typical" Holiday Inn, even at the Select brand. The room was spacious and well appointed. I was provided with various bath supplies and plenty of large, clean towels. My room was cleaned daily by the sweetest woman one could hope to meet. It is apparent that this hotel values its guests. If my business takes me back to the area, I would choose this hotel above the comparable ones in Springfield if for no other reason than the friendly staff and warm welcome I received. I was in a hurry when I checked out, and was a little disappointed at having to wait but the desk was understaffed; the clerk was apologetic and the clerk's boss apologized profusely as well.

Been to Decatur Conference Center and Hotel? Share your experiences!