“Broadcast Convention ROCKED!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Decatur Conference Center and Hotel

You added Decatur Conference Center and Hotel to your Saves list
Decatur Conference Center and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4191 US 36 West (Wyckles Rd.), Decatur, IL 62522 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select)   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Decatur
Danville, Illinois, United States
“Broadcast Convention ROCKED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The International Broadcasters Idea Bank held their annual convention in Decatur Illinois. Three member station ownership groups are all in the area so it was only a natural to come to central Illinois. The DCCH was outstanding! The remodeled rooms were great, the convention areas were super and the staff was excellent. Meals, bar, facilities and staff all get five-stars after our event.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean, although outdated, especially the bathroom. They are in the middle of renovating, though. The staff was extremely polite and helpful in all areas. Enjoyed the really nice sports bar. Good breakfast buffet. Nice location. Pool is large and clean. Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The location is adjacent to a lovely pond, within 10 minutes of Millikin University.
It is clean, well - maintained, provide free wi-fi and a very nice buffet breakfast. The staff is
polite and helpful. Next time we visit our student at Millikin I'll bring by swimsuit. The pool is much larger than the usual small square other hotels office. This is the third time we stayed at this hotel. It's simple, clean, and just fine! We've stayed at other places in and around Decatur when visiting our student. We see no reason to stay anywhere else in Decatur.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Putting together a Spring tour for a car club is not easy. (especially the Rolls-Royce Owners Club)

You have to find good accomodations that have good amenities as well as decent prices. The Decatur Conference Center offers that.

They DO accept pets (Dogs) but charge a one time fee for them ($35). ALL hotels should accomodate pets.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms. Try to get a package deal if you are staying with a group. Inc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saint Jacob, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Another great weekend was spent at this hotel. The staff was very accomodating and worked hard to please everyone. The hotel is in the process of a extensive renovation and they are very excited to be updating the hotel. This is a great place to hold a meeting/convention. We will be back for other meetings.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell the staff of specific needs that you require when making your reservations. They wi...
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights that I'd like to have back. Room was old and forgotten for years including decor, smell, furniture, bathroom etc. Ancient tube TV and no curved shower rod etc. Had no hot water the 1st morning, got the runaround from the front desk when I called. They said they'd send the repairman immediately. 30 minutes later no one had come and I had a meeting to get to. I was told that too many people at the hotel were all showering at the same time, nothing they could do. Housekeeping cleaned the bathroom but did not make the bed. The hotel food was simply not good, a shade below mediocre. Sorry I just cannot recommend.

Belvidere, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was at the Decatur Conference Center and Hotel for the IL DECA Career Development Conference. My chapter was on the 4th floor, Rooms 4143-4151(I specifically, was in 4145), and on the way up, someone commented that we were lucky to get the newly renovated rooms. After seeing the rooms, I had to agree, we had a very lovely room, clean and fresh. I found some time to explore between competition events and, though the lower floors looked a little bleak, it didn't look too bad.

I only managed to find a few things wrong. First, the coffee maker had some strange gunk in the water compartment. After investigating by checking the coffee makers in my classmates' rooms, I found that all of them had the gross gunk in it. Second, if someone knocks on the door opposite or adjacent to you, it sounds as if someone's knocking on YOUR door, which resulted in several awkward moments. Third, the toilets are pretty weak. The water pressure in the shower was fine though.

A few other things...The pool was freezing cold, but, as an avid swimmer, I didn't mind. Housekeeping was extremely friendly! I wish I caught the name of the two ladies I spoke too… Wi-fi was super slow, I gave up after there was no progress in loading my page after 5 minutes.

Overall, I think that, if you manage to snag a newly renovated room, it's a great place to stay! But you can actually get a larger room, a suite even, for the same price with free breakfast and better wi-fi across town.

Room Tip: 4th floor is newly renovated and pretty awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Decatur Conference Center and Hotel? Share your experiences!