“place to sleep” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 North Wyckles Road, Decatur, IL 62522 (Formerly Days Inn Decatur)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Decatur
Rockford, Illinois
“place to sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Although this is very outdated and on the dirty side we have stayed here alot. The bed is comfortable and clean. I am very picky about dirt but it is what it is for $50.00. We have stayed in Forsyth at the Country Inn Suites and paid $110.00 and really don't think it is worth the double price. I look forward to the new ownership cleaning this place up but for $50 i am thrilled it is still here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Harry P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I thank you for your comments and assure you that we offer a good value for money and being in the budget economy segment of the hospitality industry WE have almost all ameneties and offer a comfortable stay for the price and please be assured we will be under renovation this winter/spring to offer alot more ameneties for the still budget property and would like to ask you for your patronage next time in Decatur.Thank you

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Terre Haute, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This inn needs an overhaul. Rugs filthy and stained, furniture stained and shabby, bathroom not clean. Haven't eaten breakfast yet . . .afraid to. It is off the road, so is quiet (except for the noisy air conditioner). Bed is OK and clean. No bugs or smokey smells but hall stinks. Check in clerk efficient and friendly. Plenty of parking. I paid $62+ for a single, expected a bit better.

• Stayed August 2012
Harry P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Sir I appreciate your stay I would like to assure you that were are going to be renovating and truly your observation of carpets are one of the major items to be undergoing renovation it seems you stayed with us during our hottest summer and hence the A/C will be underload and sound heavy trying to keep up hence I assure you all our A/C are 4 yrs and I am taking you comments and implementing changes I would like to offer you a 25% off your next booking stay with us in Decatur,Illinois
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I booked through Expedia and my reservation had not arrived by the time I got to the front desk. The clerk not only didn't try to help, she just told me it was beyond her control. I suggested she call Expedia, and have someone manually send confirmation of the reservation. She said okay, but that I would have to do it. They sent it...Days Inn didn't receive it...Then, finally, she says she can take the info over the phone. So Expedia calls her and they settle it. It took 45 minutes to get checked in. The room was fine and the beds were okay, but nothing really great. The place is kind of out of the way (FAR away from downtown Decatur - maybe 20 minutes), but is right near a gas station with a Subway inside if you need some quick food.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry for the internet booking we held for you I just would like you to know since this was a THIRD PARTY we always have to get their booking since we donot collect any rental charges from you so please excuse our intaraction as we were merely trying to get the confirmation and I sincerely apologise for the inconvinence and i hope to see you next time you are in Decatur,Illinois

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur

Address: 333 North Wyckles Road, Decatur, IL 62522 (Formerly Days Inn Decatur)
Location: United States > Illinois > Decatur
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Decatur
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Decatur
Decatur Days Inn

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.