“We had a good meal but ....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 143 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Caribbean
Decatur, Illinois
“We had a good meal but ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

A friend from out of town and I wanted to try a new place for dinner. Cafe Brio was close so we thought we would give it a try. I would like to see more of a selection on the menu but we tried the chile rubbed steak quesadillas and they were excellent, the salsa was spicy but good after the initial shock of heat, the chips were fresh and yummy. The have fourteen kinds of margaritas , the one I chose was delicious, my friend had something with blueberry in it... not so good. The service was great but there were only a few people there when we went. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired. I have been in this building multiple times over the years dating back to when it was "The Arch" and it pretty much has not changed inside for the last 25 years despite multiple different tenants . Love the idea of the patio and I think if they would lower the price on the drinks and food a bit they would bring in more business. I want to definitely go back to try again but I would love to see it become one of my fav places to go and recommend to others.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Decatur, Illinois
“i think it could be good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

my husband and I picked up dinner tonight and i think the food could be good but it was just ok...my husband ordered the wings and he said they were greasy. ick. i had the fish wrap and the sauce was good but the rest of it, including the sides, seemed old and were should have not been rewarmed up and served again. Not sure what exactly is going on with Cafe Brio. I know there were high hopes for them to be successful but they have to provide fresh and tasty food consistently. We will give it another go because I want for them to be successful. Hopefully tonight was an "off" night. I think the potential is there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, IL
“Food bad to inedible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friend and I ate here and left hungry. The guacamole was disgusting, avacados brown and spices weird. We shared a burger that was literally burned and I mean charred. Stay away.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have had both lunch and dinner at Cafe Brio. Many of the dishes are spicy but I was able to find a meal that was not too spicy. I especially like their brunch menu. Their fries are great! The service is slow. Usually there is only 1 waiter, but I never go out to eat when I am in a hurry. Casual atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Too spicy too”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If your taste buds have been burned out by all the spicy food at this and other Mexican and other highly spice-happy so-called restaurants, then you will find this place only over priced. I found NOTHING edible on the menu. Even the waitress-recommended "it's not hot" dish was HOT. Sorry folks, but not again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cafe Brio? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cafe Brio, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.