“Wedding reception was great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Glad I found this place. decaturbeachhouse.com
Description: Glad I found this place. decaturbeachhouse.com
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wedding reception was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff for the wedding reception was great. The food was good and lots of it. I will dine there when I go back to Decatur. The parking could be better but it was manageable.

Visited September 2012

Forsyth, Illinois
“If you are looking for a tasty flavorful dish don't go here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The view overlooking at the lake is magnificent, however, if you are looking for a good quality food I suggest not to go here. The steak was tasteless no flavor, however the service was excellent. So my rate is base on the food only.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

It was our anniversary and we wanted a special place to attend so we chose Beach House. It's situated right on the shore of Lake Decatur and has very nice lake views. Right now, there's a lot of construction on the shore and around the restaurant, but it's still easy to get to....and the view is still good, especially after dark.

We started our evening in the bar, a small cozy place good for conversation. Our drinks were perfect...shaken, not stirred. We relaxed and chatted with the bartender until our table was ready.

When we received our menu we were delighted to see that our anniversary had made the "headlines" on the menu. That was a nice and unexpected surprise!

The menu had two primary sections, "Fresh Catch" and "Steaks". The Beach House is known for its fresh catch seafood and there are some items on the menu that you need to call ahead for so they can ensure its on the plane. There were about 5 different steaks on the menu, and unusally we both chose the same one: two mini filets, one topped with horseradish and the other topped with blue cheese.

Our steaks were cooked perfectly...fork tender, and neither of us could choose which we liked best, the horseradish or the blue cheese. Both were yum! ...not to mention the sugar snap peas that accompanied the dish. We had a glass of High Note Malbec, making for a perfect meal on a wonderful evening.

The Beach House always seems to have a good mix of locals and visitors, enjoying the views, conversations and fine dining. It's a perfect place for a date night, or just any night you're looking for great service and great food!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fishers, Indiana
“Excellent Food, Great Service, Great People, Wonderful Deck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Last week was my third visit to the Beach House. The restaurant gets better all of the time. The waitress was top notch. As a former restaurant owner myself I am very particular as I eat out 6 days a week because of a heavy work travel schedule.
Letting the guest try a wine sample is a lost art and rarely am I encouraged to try a sample before buying. Our waitress made a suggestion and let me sample a half glass before purchase. Of course it was a excellent choice based on what I told her I liked.
My guest was a visiting VIP. On the advice of the waitress I ordered the Goat Cheese appetizer not knowing that my important guest hated goat cheese. I coaxed him to trying the goat cheese and he ate most of the appetizer and raved about how great it was. He ordered the Sea Bass and again excellent. He let me try a forkful and it was outstanding. My dinner was excellent as well. To top it off the dessert was outstanding as well. Special thanks to Dawn as she rescued my expensive prescription sunglasses and mailed them to me at her own expense.
With more and more restaurants concerned with table turns, mediocre food, sub par service and pushing you quickly out of the door it is refreshing to find that there are still restaurants that truly care about the dining experience. I highly suggest you visit this restaurant when in Decatur.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Illinois
“Excellent food, extraordinary view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The scallops are spectacular! Their macaroni and cheese should be packaged, frozen and sold in supermarkets! The views of beautiful Lake Decatur are unmatched! Love being able to dress up or down; and dining inside or out! Great service, excellent food, extraordinary view!

Visited May 2012