“What luck!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
DeKalb
“What luck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was very happy to find Fanatico, considering its location, and it was worth it. The room looked better than I had expected, and I COULD SEE THE FOOD!!!! The lights were actually on at a normal level. I liked that.

I had Chicken Cacciatore, my favorite dish, and loved it. I will definitely be back soon.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Number UNO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My cousins and i were there for dinner...and had the fet. Alfredo it was rich in every way u can describe...theeeee best ...albaian/italians know whats up..def b back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeKalb
“Quite ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

With a party of four, I went with great expectations. The room is large and soberly decorated---a comfortable ambiance for those who don't like excessively cluttered places. The ceiling is high and the floor bare; so resonance might be a factor on a crowded evening. The servers seemed attentive and fairly knowledgeable.
Two of us had minestrone and agreed that it was very good. One of our group ordered chicken marsala which not only had very little taste, but the chicken itself did not have the flavor of a good grade of poultry.. The veal cacciatore which I ordered was overwhelmed by the taste of tomatoes, concealing the taste of the meat. One person in our party did not find the chicken parmesan to rise above the ordinary.. The cannoli had a shell which was hard and tasted old and the filling had no refinement. The side of pasta was properly "al dente", but the tomato sauce had the taste of a canned product. A tiramisu ordered by someone who loves desserts was sent back because it resembled a cake more than a tiramisu. Wines are reasonably priced.
Overall, this restaurant doesn't rise above average. However, I will probably return and try other dishes.

• Visited February 2013