“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Darien
Black Oak, AR
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Pretty nice place. Hallway kind of smelled funny on the floor I was on, but overall a pretty nice place. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean and had a great shower. I never heard anyone in the rooms next to me so that was definitely a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've stayed here twice...once for a week and once for a night. Really nice rooms. Full kitchens, beds comfortable (although I always take my own pillow with me). Bathroom was great. If you were using it as a "home" it might be lacking in dishes and such, as it has the bare minimum. Otherwise, I thought it was a great place. My only issue is both times staying there, I didn't sleep well and I can't say why...perhaps the sounds of the fridge and heating unit turning on and off. Were it not for that, i'd give it 5 stars. Also, great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, as well as our new mattresses. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am staying for long periods of time for business and enjoy cooking, watching TV and Wireless Internet after work. I am a foreigner and not good at English; however, the staffs are very friendly and help me whenever I have need. Therefore, I really recommend this hotel as your accommodation!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the comforts of home here at our hotel. It's also great to hear our staff is there to help with anything you may need during your stay. Thank you for continuing to stay with us and choosing Extended Stay Hotels as your home away from home!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I am currently an in stay at the hotel and the management is exceptional. Special consideration to Jennifer Pappish for her insight and utmost professionalism.The associates Vilma, Tasha, Joe are very friendly and welcoming to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a pretty average hotel, but at a really good price considering the proximity to Chicago. If you bring your own towels, that is, because theirs felt more than a little like sandpaper. The niceness of the new renovations is partly offset by the could-be-improved cleaning. I have no problem with rooms only being cleaned once a week (while the same guest(s) is staying there), but my room came with an opened package of Eggos in the freezer, some dried gum on the bathroom doorstop, and a pre-used Chapstick on the floor by the bed. Nothing too terribly icky, but if they were cleaning the room that quickly, I have to wonder what else was skipped / missed. That said the kitchen and bathroom looked perfectly fine and I have no other reason to believe they weren't cleaned properly.

It is a minor annoyance, though, that their website explicitly says that they have some convenience items available at the desk, like dish soap, when in reality they don't. I asked on three different occasions and always got the same response: "come back soon and we'll have some then." Housekeeping doesn't wash dishes during your stay; I hope they get cleaned between stays, especially if guests expect soap to be available and it isn't.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me, please email me at dar@extendedstay.com.
Parish, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I checked into location Fri 12/21/12 and left Wed morning 12/26/12.
I was very happy with my stay.
It was clean, everything worked, and the staff were friendly. It was quiet. We slept well.
I asked the fellow that checked us in to recommend a place to eat which he did and it was excellent and just a few miles away. I was extremely satisfied and I do recommend it as an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that our staff was so accommodating and you enjoyed your stay! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

After checking in, we noticed that the room was out of date and about as plain as you can get. The closet doesn't even have a door, just a drape. Apparently, they only change the linens weekly and we had to call the front desk to get towels. The water doesn't appear to be very clean, the bed was uncomfortable and the towels were like sandpaper. The fridge and ac were both loud. Never staying at this place again. For that matter, I'll never stay with this chain again anywhere!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not properly communicate our housekeeping policy. Our company housekeeping procedure is once a week housekeeping service per 7 days. I also apologize you were inconvenienced with a louder than normal refrigerator and ac unit. In response to your feedback, I have notified our maintenance department to rectify that issue. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I invite you to contact me at dar@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Darien hotels

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien? Share your experiences!