“Good food & great service!” 4 of 5 stars

331-431-4000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cass Ave & Iroquois Street
Springfield, Illinois
“Good food & great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great service, reasonably priced & very good! A good sized menu that should please almost anyone! They had a full bar ... It's a large place so plenty of room.

Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have eaten here about 3 times. The Po-boy is delicious. The seafood is fried perfectly and was warm and tender, then the sandwich is covered in lettuce tomato and an aioli. I believe the aioli is a mix of oil, mayo and roasted red pepper. I may be wrong, but it was delicious. The mac and cheese was good and the brunswick stew is phenomenal. I have tasted some of the smoked bbq and bbq sauce and it was also very good. My mom usually gets the pulled pork sandwich and my dad has gotten the jambalaya. The jambalaya is spicy and has a kick, but is very flavorful. I will definitely be going back. I have never had breakfast there, but I would like to.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Breakfast; reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The breakfast menu has many choices but I like to order a regular breakfast; scrambled eggs, ham off the bone, hash browns. The potatoes were crisp and delicious, eggs done nicely and ham was as expected. The only negative was the English muffin was not toasted enough. Will go back and try a dinner there. Menu looked interesting.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Ok BBQ slower service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited late in the afternoon. I have been studying different styles of BBQ and enjoy wood smoked meats. While my brisket was prepared perfectly it was served with so much sauce I could not enjoy the meat at all. My wife had the BBQ nachos which suffered the same issue. The soup was awesome with great flavor. Our Apple cobbler was delicious. I will return with a request to put the sauce on the side next time.

Darien, Illinois
“Huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been to Chucks a number of times and never been disappointed.i have been there at various times and have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I have had the Chuck's Texas Omelet which had Chorizo, onion, tomato, jalapeno and cheddar cheese topped with Chuck’s chili. It was massive. I'm a big eater and could only eat a third. Served with hash browns and your choice of toast, biscuits, English muffin or pancakes. The chili was flavorful not too spicy but sweet and smokey as if it was made with their BBQ sauce.
My daughter had the Bananas Foster French Toast. 4 thick pieces of great bread topped with caramelized bananas and toasted pecans. You can even get it topped with I've cream if you dare. This was marvelous and decadent.
Multiple lunch and dinner entres were shared and every one was a winner.
Give Chucks a try, you will enjoy yourself. Good food great atmosphere.

Visited June 2014