“standard, acceptable hotel - with birdsong and (almost) a country setting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   383 Lynch Dr., Danville, IL 61834 (Formerly Danville Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Leeds
“standard, acceptable hotel - with birdsong and (almost) a country setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'd stayed two or three times at the Sleep Inn on Lynch Road in Danville, which is virtually next door and which I liked very much. However, the Quality Inn was $20 less and, as I wouldn't have time to do anything but sleep, I thought I'd go for the lower priced option. I'm glad I did. The Quality Inn is nothing special, but it was clean and comfortable enough; next time, I'd stay there again if I was in a rush, but go back to the Sleep Inn if I had a bit more time to enjoy it. I must comment, though, on someone else's post - that the Quality Inn is "right by a prison". The prison is a good mile away, and you'd have no reason to know it was there. In fact, I left my ground floor window open at night to enjoy the country air - and was wakened by birdsong at 5 am from the bushes outside. In fact I like the location of both the Quality Inn and the Sleep Inn because I've discovered an hour-long walking route from these hotels, mostly along quiet country roads, that is much more agreeable than staying in some city suburb surrounded by concrete. OK, my walk takes me past the prison, but so what? The (partly) country setting more than makes up for it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side to the parking lot - these rooms face onto bushes and fields.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Zion
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is ok... Staff was friendly, rooms were clean & beds were fine. The only downside is this hotel is located right by the Danville Correctional Facility (we didn't know before booking). The rooms also have been upgraded with flat screen tv's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The computers weren't working when we arrived. The entire place smelled awful. The hallway was not swept. There were wrappers on our room floor. The beds were very uncomfortable. Could hear everyrhing in rooms around us, very noisy. Cigarette butts in pool room, and no pool towels. Breakfast was pathetic, coffee was dirty water. Would not recommend!! Spend the extra bucks and go somehere else.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Where to begin, it's a place where after you take a shower you still feel dirty. The room was really unkept with dirt on the carpet, stained comforters, cigerette burn stains on the bathroom counter and the toilet was a disaster. In the lobby there are stains on old cloth chairs. the lobby floor and hallways were not swept. I would not recommended staying here and there are four to five cleaner hotels next door and would be worth the extra dough.

• Stayed March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The best part about this hotel were the front desk attendants. Both a male and female that I had contact with here very friendly and promptly helped with my needs and questions. They greeted me every time I passed by and the male checking me in was appologizing for the construction mess they have in the lobby. There is no business center in this place nor a computer with printer for hotel guests to use, but the front desk was more than happy to help me print some items on multiple occasions.

The rooms are outdated with stained carpet and furniture. They had renovation going on in the lobby so the entire front area was a mess but I was glad to see they were attempting to update something. My room didn't have a microwave or a refrigirator like they advertised.

The breakfast had nothing hot to offer so I am not sure where the "hot breakfast" offer on their web site is all about. It's all sugary cereals, nothing healthy and no eggs.

If I was the manager I would start with replacing the entire housekeeping staff. The rooms are very filthy!! When I first checked in the room I could see dirt on the carpets. I stayed 5 days and on the first night I had a peanut fall on the floor by the work desk. That peanut was on the floor the enitre week I was there, despite the housekeeping staff coming into the room and it sitting in plain sight. One day during the week they actually didn't even come to clean the room even though they saw me leave that morning as they were standing around and talking in the hallway. I used the coffee machine one day in the room and for the rest of the week they didn't bother cleaning the coffee pot nor replacing the coffee in the tray.

The hallway is dirty and carpet is in absolute need of vacuuming. I wonder if this place has a general manager and if so does he/she take any pride in this hotel!

Room Tip: I wouldn't know which room is better. I was on the first floor next to elevator and I didn't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Midwest, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This facility offers a very pleasant night staff and adequate room amenities. Definitely in need of a current facelift, needs new mattresses and brighter interiors. It was a dissapointing breakfast selection, many off brands and high sugar contents all the way around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff was very nice. The beds and shower were fine. The hotel needs a facelift and some heavy-duty vacuuming along the edges of the room. We were only there for one night-looking for a place to lay our heads and get a shower, so it worked for us. The price was indicative of the hotel condition. It did beat spending $200+ for an event night in Champaign-Urbana!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple