“Not accessibly friendly” 3 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Regency Inn
360 Eastgate Drive, Danville, IL 61834   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Danville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The room was clean, bed comfortable, the TV worked fine, and so did the internet. But the bathroom door automatically closing was a little irritating. Others have stated issues with the train noise, but that didn't bother me. Since cleanliness is most important, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Maybe it's because we had spent the previous night at a bad hotel that made this one so pleasant, but I think it also made us more aware of the details that were so exciting to find at this Best Western.
First, check in was great. The desk clerk greeted us in a very friendly manner, gave us details of the room, services and surrounding area of anything we needed. We didn't have to "pry" it out of him. In particular we wanted a pool/hot tub to relax in, and theirs was superb. Clean and well kept and available until late at night!
Second, the room was excellent. Well laid out, clean and even included a mini fridge/microwave which was an unexpected and welcomed surprise.
Third, the room came with "extras". Just little things, but noticed. Coffee and tea. Extra cups, a serving tray for the bed, extra towels (for the pool) and so on..made our stay.
Fourth, Did I mention clean? Bathroom was spotless and the room smelled fresh. More so, the remote was wiped clean and came in a sanitary bag (don't see that much anywhere else). the receiver on the phone was wiped clean and turned upside down to show it had been serviced. Excellent! Attention to detail like this made us feel comfortable and welcomed.
Fifth, and this was the best part. the room was $50 cheaper than our previous room and we received "First Class" treatment on top of that. Keep up the good work! I do hope sincerely that your management reads this..can't say enough good things about our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ames, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was headed back to Iowa on my way home from a business trip; decided to stay here. Was not impressed at all on the overall quality. First the front desk staff was on the phone, clearly on a personal call to which I had to wait till he finished his call before I could check in. I inquired about a possible upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi - I had been traveling all day in a cramped car. No such luck on the upgrade; front desk explained that they were full up for the night. I was given keys to my room and drove around the building to the location of my room.

About 20 minutes later, after carrying in all my stuff, I had a phone call from the front desk with an option to upgrade to a larger room with a jacuzzi. I passed on the room due to already having my stuff moved in from the car and me being in my pj's. I thought it was rude of him to call after I had already checked in and was getting settled for the night.

Room has decent space, but the toilet/shower area is very small & cramped. If you are claustrophobic, the door automatically closes - I slipped something under the door to keep it remaining open. Hotel is close to train tracks and all throughout the night the train ran - if you are not used to this noise, head 15 minutes down the road to find a different city/hotel.

All in all, decent hotel, but could use some improvements.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
saint louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

When we arrived, the room smelled very musty. The lady at the front desk was very sweet and brought a machine that was supposed to remove the smell of smoke from rooms, but then came 30min later and said she couldn't leave it in the room with us. So we opened the window but the frame to the screen was bent so bugs were getting in. The wifi worked for about an hour, but then it never worked after that. The lady at the front desk said maybe there were just too many people on it. But in the morning it didn't work again. Breakfast fair. The guy at check out was on the phone when we checked out and didn't ask how our stay was, so i guess he maybe didn't care about the problems we had. Okay for a night, but wouldn't recommend for more than one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWREGENCYGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Regency Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear doctorcolsaintlouis,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Best Western Regency Inn. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.

My staff and I are very sorry for the inconvenience. We wish you had mentioned these issues you had experienced, to us during your stay so we may have taken immediate corrective action. Our goal is to provide our guest with the highest level of customer care and satisfaction as possible.

I am very sorry again. I hope you may contact me by phone at 217.446.2111 or by email at samirnaik@bwregencyinn.com, so that I can make this right and assure you we will correct everything you had mentioned.

My staff and I appreciate your patronage. Thank you again for your time.

Samir Naik
Mackinaw, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Used Priceline to book this room. The desk clerk asked on arrival how many of us there were and I told her there were three of us. When we got to out room it had one king sized bed. I returned to the desk and asked for two doubles and was told I would have to pay extra for a STANDARD room. However, she did not know how much that would be. I was told I would have to wait until the manager arrived and speak to her. When I explained our situation to her she said we would have to pay $20 extra for a room with two beds. She said that was the hotel policy. I am pretty certain that her family owns the property and the policy was hers! When I pressed my point she told me I could have two beds for $10 more. At that point I agreed; it was late at night and we were tired and hungry. Our room had an armchair with a huge rip in the side, fingerprints all over the full length mirror and the bathroom was a mess. Body hair on the floor and a baseboard heater that was completely missing the protective grill. I could place my hand directly on the heating element. The on/ off indicator was missing and was written in with a marker. The property is also very close to a train track with trains running late into the night. I plan to share my concerns with Best Western as well as Priceline. Although Priceline only guarantees accommodations for two I have NEVER had a problem getting a room with two beds. Since we were moved just a few doors down to a double room I wonder why we were given a king size bed in the first place other than to attempt to get more money from us. Very disappointed in this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BWREGENCYGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Regency Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear TBISHOP61,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay. My staff and I would like to thank you for providing us with details regarding your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. In regards to the Priceline program you had used, this program guarantees availability for two individuals. The room type is not guaranteed. Certain amenities such as children stay free and guaranteed room type availability are not available with the Priceline "name your own price" program; when a guest books a reservation through Priceline you agree to these terms at the time of booking. In your case you had extra guests traveling with you and this required the additional person charge of $20.

I wish you had mentioned the issues with your room to my staff during your stay. We are available twenty four hours a day and we always want to make sure our guests are comfortable. I had reached out to you after this review was posted and I am glad I was able to resolve these issues with you. I am glad you were satisfied with this response. If you have any additional questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at samirnaik@bwregencyinn.com or by phone at 217.446.2111.

I would again like to thank you for your stay and I am sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.

Samir Naik
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wonderful! Easy to get to and the staff was friendly and accomodating. The reason we liked the Regency better than the Riverside is the updated look and furnishing - And, as far as Danville goes, the two Best Westerns are the best Danville has. They are both clean!!!! We have no complaints. We have stayed at 3 other Lynch Road properties in the past and they were not cool - the Best Western Regency is by far the best of the Lynch Road properties ---

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Regency Inn? Share your experiences!